|First Appearance:||Batman: Arkham Asylum (2009)|
|Country:||United States of America|
|Locale:|| Gotham City|
- Oracle: “A Batcave? On Arkham Island?”
- Batman: “I built it years ago. It's best to plan ahead for situations like this.”
- ―Oracle and Batman[src]
The Batcave was an underground cave system that was located below Arkham Asylum, and was built there just in case of a mass breakout at the Asylum, which occurred in Batman: Arkham Asylum.
Batman created a smaller Batcave under Arkham Island and stored some supplies there just in case a massive breakout would occur at Arkham. That breakout became reality when The Joker had managed to take over Arkham as the first stage of trying to take control of Gotham City. That Batcave proved useful for Batman as it allowed him to analyze the Titan Formula and defeat the Joker. During that time, Joker attempted to take control of the Batcave by using his henchmen who were defeated by Batman. The Batcave was destroyed by Poison Ivy's Plants when she was injected with Titan.
A different Batcave, that was Batman's main base of operations, which was underneath Wayne Manor, appeared in Arkham Asylum's sequel, Batman: Arkham City.
- That Batcave was relatively sparse and Batman only stored a few gadgets within such as the Batclaw and the Ultra Batclaw.
- In order to activate the systems within the cave, Batman only had to say the word "On".
- The cave's security system required a full body scan of Batman in order to gain access.