Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|Batman: Arkham Origins Blackgate|
|Publisher:|| DC Entertainment |
Warner Bros. Games
|Distributor:||Unreal Engine 3|
|Release Date:||October 25, 2013|
Beat 'em up
|Platforms:|| Original release:
PS Vita, Nintendo 3DS Deluxe Edition: PC, Xbox 360, PS3
|Based on:||DC Comics|
Batman: Arkham Origins Blackgate is a handheld spin-off to Batman: Arkham Origins. Alongside its console-counterpart, Batman: Arkham Origins Blackgate adapts the proven Rocksteady formula into a portable setting. Armature Studio developed the 2.5-D Metroid-style exploration action game.
Batman: Arkham Origins Blackgate is a completely separate experience that takes place after the events of Arkham Origins inside Blackgate Penitentiary.
Three months had passed since the events at Blackgate, and Batman had effectively become feared among the criminals. However, several criminals were also challenging Batman, forcing him to keep himself one step ahead. One night in Gotham City, he witnessed a catburglar named Catwoman breaking out of a building with stolen data, and confronted her. However, he was forced to deal with both Catwoman and the Omega Squad of the Department of Extranormal Operations who were also after the data, the latter group under the belief that Batman was an ally of her. Upon cornering her at a construction site and defeating her, he learned that Catwoman had already managed to upload the data she stole to her employer, and even she doesn't know what the data was. He then left her to the GCPD who had the area surrounded.
Two weeks later, a mysterious explosion occurred at Blackgate Prison, resulting in an immense riot occurring at the facility that placed the entire staff hostage. Six hours later, Gordon notified Batman (who had listened to the police scanners) about what was going on, with Batman deciding to infiltrate via the riverside, even though it was a impregnable wall that way, and Batman being aware of the risks of quelling a riot instigated by criminals of every stripe who had more than enough of a grudge against him. Upon infiltrating, Batman encountered Catwoman being surrounded by three thugs, each representing the Penguin, the Joker, and Black Mask. After saving her from them, Batman and Catwoman formed an uneasy alliance to save the hostages trapped in the Arkham Wing of Blackgate, which required Batman to locate codes at the Industrial, Administration, and Cell Block wings of Arkham, which were controlled by Black Mask, the Joker, and the Penguin, respectively. Unknown to Batman, however, Department of Justice member Amanda Waller was secretly observing the riot, to find potential recruits for a unit she was forming.
To be added
- James Gordon
- Black Mask
- Bronze Tiger
- The Joker
- The Penguin
- Solomon Grundy
- Commissioner Gordon
- Warden Martin Joseph
- Amanda Waller
- Rick Flag Jr.
- Roger Craig Smith - Batman
- Troy Baker - Joker
- Adam Baldwin - Rick Flag Jr.
- Brian Bloom - Black Mask
- Chris Cox - Deadshot
- Grey DeLisle - Catwoman
- Jake Eberle -
- Michael Gough - Commissioner Gordon
- Dave B. Mitchell -
- Nolan North - Penguin
- Khary Payton - Warden Martin Joseph
- Sam Riegel -
- Gary Sturgis - Bronze Tiger
- Fred Tatasciore - Solomon Grundy
- Rick D. Wasserman -
The Deluxe Edition, which was released for console and PC systems, had an improved gameplay as well as several changes:
- The map was redesigned to resemble the maps from the Metroid Prime trilogy.
- Several of the graphics and character designs were redesigned to better match up with their designs from Batman: Arkham Origins (this is best demonstrated with the Joker boss fight as well as the overall design of the Joker during gameplay).
To be added
- Aside from the Metroidvania-style maps, the game also featured a similar mission marker objective to that of the Metroid Prime series. This is because Armature studios was formed by former members of Retro Studios, which made the Metroid Prime series. In the Deluxe edition, the maps were redesigned to more resemble the map design from the Metroid Prime series.
To be added