|Batman (1989 Movie Novelization)|
|Author||Craig Shaw Gardner|
|Published by||Grand Central Publishing|
Novelization of the film, Batman. In instances of events and characters not seen in the film, and that do not contradict it, the novel is intended to expand upon its canon.
It was also used on an audio cassette for Dove Books read by Roddy McDowall.
- Batman/Bruce Wayne
- Joker/Jack Napier
- Alfred Pennyworth
- Commissioner James Gordon
- Vicki Vale
- Alexander Knox
- Bob the Goon
- Incident at the Flugelheim
- Car chase through the streets of Gotham
- 200th Anniversary Parade
- Skirmish of Gotham Cathedral
Differences from the filmEdit
- The deleted horse-riding scene at Wayne Manor with Bruce and Vicki (which the originally-cast Vicki Sean Young injured herself preparing for) is in the novelisation.
- It is revealed when Batman enters Gotham Cathedral at story's end that he fights not to faint, and fades in and out of the present, thinking back on his parents' murders.