Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|First Appearance:|| Batman: Arkham Origins (Unassembled)|
Batman: Arkham Asylum
Batman: Arkham City
Batman: Arkham Knight
The Batmobile is Batman's main mode of transport around Gotham City, and in his fight against the combined forces of his deadliest foes.
Batman: Arkham OriginsEdit
Though not actually used in the game itself, it appears in the Batcave under construction. When Bane attacks the Batcave, he destroys the prototype to some degree, crushing Alfred Pennyworth under the wreckage and nearly killing him.
Batman: Arkham AsylumEdit
In the opening of the game, Batman uses the Batmobile to transport The Joker back to Arkham Island after being caught at Gotham City Hall after his failed attempt to kill the Mayor. Batman parks the car in front of the Intensive Treatment Center. When the Joker began his siege of Arkham Asylum, he commanded Harley Quinn to destroy the car in order to prevent Batman from escaping back to Gotham. When the Batmoblie security protocol measures went off, Batman contacted Oracle to shut them down immediately due to the fact Harley had Commissioner Gordon as a hostage with her. Batman proceeds to arrive on the scene to take down the remaining thugs present around the Batmobile, before finding a pipe dropped by Gordon giving him a trail to follow. Before leaving the scene Batman retrieves his explosive gel gadget out from the trunk of the Batmobile.
Following an encounter with Bane in the Medical Facility, Batman uses the car's remote guidance system to cause the vehicle to crash into Bane send him and the car hurtling into the water of the asylum's docks. It can be presumed that either Batman had the Batmobile salvaged and repaired, or had a duplicate as it is later seen parked in the Batcave in Batman: Arkham City.
Batman: Arkham CityEdit
The Batmobile can be seen in the Batcave Challenge Map.
By Batman: Arkham Knight, Lucius Fox designed and developed a new batmobile as well as a backup in case the primary was destroyed. Batman uses this as a means of combating drones used by the Militia commanded by the Arkham Knight, Scarecrow and Deathstroke.
As with all Batmobiles, it can be summoned remotely, via the computer, housed with Batman's gauntlet.
The design of this version of the Batmobile is fairly standard, resembling a composite of several previous Batmobiles. It appears to be designed for speed as opposed to destructive/assault purposes.
- Appearance and Features
The Arkhamverse Batmobile design features appears to be an amalgamation of the 1989 Batman film and DC Animated Universe's versions serving as the primary sources of inspiration. The long nose, and slim headlights, exposed engine parts, cock pit, fin design and placement, and grill being the most similar, are reminiscent of The Animated Series Batmobile; the rounded design of the fenders, trunk, and vented rear wheel arches are similar to Tim Burton's Batmobile.
Uniquely, the Batmobile has the Ability to transform, on the fly, into "Battle Mode" giving it the appearance of a battle tank, with a wider wheel base, and higher ground clearance. featuring various weapons. Including a Vulcan Minigun, 60mm Cannon, Missles, and Non lethal riot suppressors. Enemies who touch the batmobile will be knocked out by a charge of electricity. Other features include an EMP to stun hostile drones and knock missles out of the air, a device that allows drones to be hacked and turned against each other, and a power winch, to pull down walls, or to allow the batmobile to act as a counter weight. In this mode the Batmobile cannot travel at it's top speed. However, it gains the ability to move sideways and diagonally indefinitely, giving full maneuverability and control to firefights. The Headlights all turn red in this mode.
The Batmobiles momentum can be transferred to Batman, by accelerating, then ejecting, Allowing Batman to gain speed and height to his glide, allowing for faster traversal, of the entire city, and not just the streets. The Batmobile can be used in conjunction with the Batwing, presumably allowing quick transfer from one cockpit to another.
- Appearance and Features
Rocksteady's latest take on the Batmobile, appears somewhat similar to the Christopher Nolan's Tumbler, due to it's heavily armored, exterior, being easily capable to withstanding automatic fire from an assault rifle, and a grenade launcher blast, with no ill effect on its performance. Depsite this, it is much sleeker than the Tumbler. Featuring a central single man cockpit, as opposed to the traditional, two seater coupé design the Batmobile typically adheres to. However, the Batmobile features room to transport two passengers, within a sealed compartment within the back. It can can also strafe short distances, to avoid enemy attacks. Its also fast enough to be able to drive on walls and on ceilings. Each wheel has an independent suspension and turn. Giving the Batmobile a zero turning radius. The car can turn it's wheels 90° and crab steer (drive sideways).
- WayneTech hybrid power cell with jet turbine
- Horsepower: 1200 bhp
- Top speed 209 mph without afterburner; 0-60 mph in 2.7 seconds
- Fuel type: Nitro methane
- Raises maximum speed threshold by 30%
- Temperature at vent: 1100 °C
- Electromagnetic ejector seat
- Enhanced intel and recon capabilities
- Ai and remote guidance systems
- Immobilizer Missiles
- Payload: 5gm high explosive cl-20/hmx cocrystal
- Warhead: 2.75 in (70 mm)
- Guidance: Laser/infrared homing
- Material: Advanced synthetic fibre composite
- Diameter: 4 ft 7 in (1.40 m)
- Advanced all terrain traction technology
- Containment Unit
- Purpose: Passenger transport
- Space: 3 Seats
- Resistant to kinetic forces exceeding 4,500 lb/sq in
- Air Brakes with regenerative energy mechanism
- Materials: Graphene composite
- Actuator: High speed hydraulic cylinder
- Stopping distance reduction: 78%
- Armor Plating
- Thickness: 120mm at thickest point
- Material: Carbon nanotube aggregate
- Blast resistance: Explosive reactive armor around cockpit
- Vulcan Gun
- Ammunition gauge: 25mm
- Length: 1.8 meters
- Purpose: Anti-tank and surface to air combat
- 60mm Cannon
- Ammunition type: 60mm high explosive penetrator shells
- Muzzle velocity: 1,680 meters per second
- Estimated to penetrate 820 mm of steel armor at point blank range
- Riot Suppressor
- Ammunition: Non-lethal slam rounds
- Slam rounds: Flexible plastic casing filled with 50 grams of rubber pellets
- Designed to deliver minimum long-term trauma & render combatant immobile
- Electroshock Defense
- Voltage: 200 - 300 kv range
- Delivery: Front and rear conductor rods
- Purpose: Propel combatant
- Gyroscopic Wheels
- Hydraulic arm-mounted
- Capable of 360 lateral spin for combat manoeuvring
- Bullet proof synthetic fibres
- Multipurpose grapple claw
- Range: 60m
- Weight supported: 2.2 t