Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|Birth Name:||Christian Charles Philip Bale|
|Birth Date:||January 30, 1974|
|Birth Place:||Haverfordwest, Pembrokeshire, Wales, UK|
Christian Charles Philip Bale (b. January 30, 1974) is a Welsh actor who portrayed Bruce Wayne, and his caped crusader counterpart Batman in Batman Begins (2005), The Dark Knight (2008) and The Dark Knight Rises (2012). He is one of only five actors to appear in all three films, and the actor to play Bruce Wayne/Batman the most times in live-action films.
- Jamie "Jim" Graham in Empire of the Sun (1987)
- Jim Hawkins in Treasure Island (1990)
- Thomas Berger in Swing Kids (1993)
- Laurie in Little Women (1994)
- Stevie in The Secret Agent (1996)
- Arthur Stuart in Velvet Goldmine (1998)
- Demetrius in A Midsummer's Night Dream (1999)
- Patrick Bateman in American Psycho (2000)
- Walter Wade Jr. in Shaft (2000)
- Quinn Abercromby in Reign of Fire (2002)
- John Preston in Equilibrium (2002)
- Trevor Reznik in The Machinist (2004)
- Bruce Wayne/Batman in Batman Begins (2005)
- Alfred Borden in The Prestige (2006)
- Dan Evans in 3:10 to Yuma (2007)
- Bruce Wayne/Batman in The Dark Knight (2008)
- John Connor in Terminator Salvation (2009)
- Melvin Purvis in Public Enemies (2009)
- Dicky Eklund in The Fighter (2010)
- Bruce Wayne/Batman in The Dark Knight Rises (2012)
When asked if looking forward to working with Heath Ledger, who plays The Joker in The Dark Knight; Bale replied: "Absolutely. Heath is a great choice for it. I like him personally. He’s got a real kind of craving for playing that role so I think he’s going to do something really very different with it. We worked together briefly in the Todd Haynes movie as well."