|"The Masked Menace of the Boys' School"|
|First Published:||July, 1940|
|Previous Issue:||Detective Comics #40|
|Next Issue:||Detective Comics #42|
"The Masked Menace of the Boys' School"Edit
Robin tackles his first solo adventure/case, which Batman (nevertheless) winds up helping him wrap up.
Dick Grayson enrolls in a boys school where a murder has recently occurred and a boy is missing. Dick learns that the murder was committed by an escaped lunatic and captures him as Robin. However the boy is still missing, and Blake, the school headmaster, turns up dead. Robin meets a masked man and follows him. The man is Graves, the art teacher. He and Blake ran a counterfeiting operation from the school. Robin locates the missing boy, and with Batman’s help, stops Graves and his men.
- Mr. Blake (First and only appearance to date)
- Mr. Graves (First and only appearance to date)
- Ted Spencer (First and only appearance to date)
- Greer (First and only appearance to date)
- Hodges (First and only appearance to date)
- Other stories in this issue include an untitled Spy story, an untitled Red Logan, Ace Reporter story, an untitled Crimson Avenger story, "The Railroad Mystery" (Speed Saunders, Ace Investigator), an untitled Steve Malone, District Attorney story, an untitled Cliff Crosby story, and an untitled Slam Bradley story.