|Official name:||Explosive Gel|
|First Appearance:||Batman: Arkham Asylum|
|Used by:|| Batman|
Explosive Gel is a gadget (and, on occasion, weapon) used in Batman: Arkham Asylum and Batman: Arkham City. This gadget is used to break structures and can take down armed and unarmed thugs when used in collaboration with a structurally unsound wall. If a single spray of Explosive Gel is set off on a normal, structurally sound wall, the thug will only be knocked down and be made vulnerable to crouching take downs.
Batman: Arkham AsylumEdit
Explosive Gel can be used to stun or take down thugs, confuse Bane-type bosses, and destroy weak walls. It was also utilized to knock down the Titan-infected Joker for good during the latter's takeover of Arkham Asylum. On weaker substances, such as paper, it does not need to be detonated; it burns the object instead, such as Dr Young's Titan forumla.
Explosive Gel upgrades include:
- Auto Proximity Detonation - Explodes when an enemy gets near.
- Multiple Frequency Detonator - Zoom in on a specific Gel patch to detonate only that specific patch.
Batman: Arkham CityEdit
Batman uses Explosive Gel to defeat Solomon Grundy. Although it is not used as often as the gel is in Arkham Asylum, it is still used as a combat technique and can still be used to break open walls. The multiple frequency detonation feature from the previous game is left intact from the start of the game, but the auto proximity detection has been removed - instead, Batman will be alerted whenever hostiles are close to a gel-applied surface. Batman is now also able to drop a gel-coated batarang to the floor and detonate it quickly, allowing him to use explosive mines in busy combat situations.
- Batman tends to only spray the Gel in a crude bat shape, whereas Robin sprays it in a trade mark "R" symbol.
- On Arkham Island, Batman gets the explosive gel from the trunk of the Batmobile.
- In the final battle of Batman: Arkham Asylum, Batman finishes the Titan-infected Joker by spraying his right Knuckles with Explosive Gel, detonating it as he connects with Titan Joker's Jaw.