|Real name:||Frank Boles|
|First Appearance:||Batman: Arkham Asylum (2009)|
|Created by:||Rocksteady Studios|
|Affiliations:|| Arkham Asylum|
|Abilities:|| Proficient with firearms
|Portrayed by:||Danny Jacobs (voice)|
Frank Boles first appeared in Rocksteady Studios's Batman: Arkham Asylum in August 2009. He was a corrupt chief member of Arkham's security staff and henchman of the Joker. He aided the Joker in his takeover of Arkham Asylum.
Frank has been working at Arkham Asylum for eight years. He has the tendency to drink on the job and has been suspended twice for drinking. He also regularly holds poker evenings in the guard rooms. Frank is desperate to be top dog at Arkham; he fails to recognize that he is considered untrustworthy and generally disliked by most of the asylum's guards, including by William North.
- Arrogant belief that he is the best guard at Arkham Asylum
- Uses sarcasm to cover up insecurities and failures
- Violent temper has resulted in many injuries to patients
- Reprimanded constantly for drinking on the job
Batman: Arkham AsylumEdit
After having the Joker help him out of a previous situation, Boles ultimately finds himself embroiled in Joker's latest scheme to rid Gotham of the Dark Knight, helping him break free upon entering Arkham right under the nose of the Dark Knight himself.
Boles was also instructed to kidnap Commissioner Gordon, to whom he brings into the care of Harley Quinn. Using his knowledge of Boles' past, however, Batman is able to pick up traces of Boles' favourite tipple on the Arkham air and follows it in the hopes that it will lead him not only to Boles but to Gordon himself.
Batman tracked Boles through the Intensive Treatment Center, where Boles betrayed William North and several other Arkham security guards, attempting to draw them away to the front entrance. As several of the guards moved for the exit, Boles shot them dead. With the help of Harley Quinn and an army of Blackgate Prisoners, Boles secured the front entrance of the Intensive Treatment Center.
When Batman eventually did reach the Intensive Treatment Center, he found Joker's armed henchmen and dead security guards. After taking out the goons, another armed wave storms the place but regardless, Batman takes them out too. After reaching the end of the trail to Boles, he finds a dead Frank, strapped to a prisoner movement handcart with a green smile painted across his mouth and a sign reading "Dead End" chained around his waist, when found by Batman. The Joker had been aware of how Batman tracked Boles and feeling that Boles outlived his usefulness, Joker had the corrupt guard murdered.
Batman continues his pursuit of the Joker and comes across sole survivor William North who tells Batman about how Boles betrayed North and his team and how he shot the poor guards dead at the entrance. Batman then informs North about Boles' death. Unmoved, North calls Boles "scum".
- "Shut it, clown. A lot of people here really want to talk to you."
- "I thought I told you to stay quiet!"
- "Whatever, just be quick!"
- "Quinn! It's clear! Get your ass in here!"
- Various viral marketing for Arkham Asylum, as well as Frank Boles' reaction to Joker insinuating that the fire at Blackgate was no accident, implied that Frank Boles was the reason why Blackgate was burned down to the ground and thus why several hundred convicts in Blackgate Penitentiary were transferred to Arkham Asylum.
- Although it is never made clear, it is possible that Harley Quinn personally killed Boles after Boles delivered Gordon to her.