|Created by:|| Bruno Heller|
|No. of Series:||3|
|No. of Episodes:||66|
|Duration of Episodes:||42–49 mins|
|Starring:|| Ben McKenzie|
Robin Lord Taylor
Cory Michael Smith
Gotham is a TV series based on James Gordon's early days as a policeman in Gotham City and Bruce Wayne's path to becoming Batman.
Everyone knows the name Commissioner Gordon. He is one of the crime world's greatest foes, a man whose reputation is synonymous with law and order. But what is known of Gordon's story and his rise from rookie detective to Police Commissioner? What did it take to navigate the multiple layers of corruption that secretly ruled Gotham City, the spawning ground of the world's most iconic villains? And what circumstances created them the larger-than-life personas who would become Catwoman, The Penguin, The Riddler, Two-Face and The Joker?
GOTHAM is an origin story of the great DC Comics super villains and vigilantes, revealing an entirely new chapter that has never been told. From executive producer/writer Bruno Heller (The Mentalist, Rome), GOTHAM follows one cop's rise through a dangerously corrupt city teetering on the edge of evil and chronicles the birth of one of the most popular super heroes of our time.
Growing up in Gotham City's surrounding suburbs, James Gordon (Ben McKenzie, Southland, The O.C.) romanticized the city as a glamorous and exciting metropolis where his late father once served as a successful district attorney. Now, two weeks into his new job as a Gotham City detective and engaged to his beloved fiancée, Barbara Kean (Erin Richards, Open Grave, Breaking In), Gordon is living his dream – even as he hopes to restore the city back to the pure version he remembers it was as a kid.
Brave, honest and ready to prove himself, the newly-minted detective is partnered with the brash, but shrewd police legend Harvey Bullock (Donal Logue, Sons of Anarchy, Terriers, Vikings, Copper), as the two stumble upon the city's highest-profile case ever: the murder of local billionaires Thomas and Martha Wayne. At the scene of the crime, Gordon meets the sole survivor: the Waynes' hauntingly intense 12-year-old son, Bruce (David Mazouz, Touch), toward whom the young detective feels an inexplicable kinship. Moved by the boy's profound loss, Gordon vows to catch the killer.
As he navigates the often-underhanded politics of Gotham's criminal justice system, Gordon will confront imposing gang boss Fish Mooney (Jada Pinkett Smith, The Matrix films, HawthoRNe, Collateral), and many of the characters who will become some of fiction's most renowned, enduring villains, including a teenaged Selina Kyle/the future Catwoman (acting newcomer Camren Bicondova) and Oswald Cobblepot/The Penguin (Robin Lord Taylor, The Walking Dead, Another Earth).
Although the crime drama will follow Gordon's turbulent and singular rise through the Gotham City police department, led by Police Captain Sarah Essen (Zabryna Guevara, Burn Notice), it also will focus on the unlikely friendship Gordon forms with the young heir to the Wayne fortune, who is being raised by his unflappable butler, Alfred (Sean Pertwee, Camelot, Elementary). It is a friendship that will last them all of their lives, playing a crucial role in helping the young boy eventually become the crusader he's destined to be.
- Ben McKenzie as James Gordon
- Donal Logue as Harvey Bullock
- David Mazouz as Bruce Wayne
- Sean Pertwee as Alfred Pennyworth
- Camren Bicondova as Selina Kyle
- Robin Lord Taylor as Oswald Cobblepot
- Cory Michael Smith as Edward Nygma
- Victoria Cartagena as Renee Montoya
- Andrew Stewart-Jones as Crispus Allen
- Zabryna Guevara as Sarah Essen (Season 1-2)
- Erin Richards as Barbara Kean
- John Doman as Carmine Falcone (Season 1)
- Jada Pinkett Smith as Fish Mooney (Season 1)
- Nicholas D'Agosto as Harvey Dent (Season 2)
- Morena Baccarin as Leslie Thompkins (Season 2-)
- Chris Chalk as Lucius Fox (Season 2-)
- Michael Chiklis as Nathaniel Barnes (Season 2-)
- James Frain as Theo Galavan (Season 2)
- Jessica Lucas as Tabitha Galavan
- Drew Powell as Butch Gilzean (Season 2-)
- Maggie Geha as Ivy Pepper (Season 3-)
- Benedict Samuel as Jervis Tetch (Season 3-)
- Richard Kind as Mayor Aubrey James
- Clare Foley as Ivy Pepper
- Grayson McCouch as Thomas Wayne
- Brette Taylor as Martha Wayne
- Anthony Carrigan as Victor Zsasz
- Carol Kane as Gertrud Kapelput
- Kyle Massey as Macky
- David Zayas as Sal Maroni
- Peter Scolari as Gillian B. Leob
- Makenzie Leigh as Liza
- Natalie Alyn Lind as Silver St. Cloud
- Nathan Darrow as Victor Fries
- BD Wong as Hugo Strange
- Cameron Monaghan as Jerome Valeska
- Jamie Chung as Valerie Vale
- James Carpinello as Mario Calvi
- Kit Flanagan as Kathryn Monroe
- Leslie Hendrix as Kathryn Monroe
- James Remar as Frank Gordon
- Raymond J. Barry as Shaman
- Alexander Siddig as Ra's al Ghul
- "Selina Kyle"
- "The Balloonman"
- "Spirit of the Goat"
- "Penguin's Umbrella"
- "The Mask"
- "Harvey Dent"
- "Rogues' Gallery"
- "What The Little Bird Told Him"
- "Welcome Back, Jim Gordon"
- "The Fearsome Dr. Crane"
- "The Scarecrow"
- "The Blind Fortune Teller"
- "Red Hood"
- "Everyone Has a Cobblepot"
- "Beasts of Prey"
- "Under the Knife"
- "The Anvil or the Hammer"
- "All Happy Families Are Alike"
- "Rise of the Villains: Damned If You Do..."
- "Rise of the Villains: Knock, Knock"
- "Rise of the Villains: The Last Laugh"
- "Rise of the Villains: Strike Force"
- "Rise of the Villains: Scarification"
- "Rise of the Villains: By Fire"
- "Rise of the Villains: Mommy's Little Monster"
- "Rise of the Villains: Tonight’s the Night"
- "Rise of the Villains: A Bitter Pill to Swallow"
- "Rise of the Villains: The Son of Gotham"
- "Rise of the Villains: Worse Than A Crime"
- "Rise of the Villains: Mr. Freeze"
- "Rise of the Villains: A Dead Man Feels No Cold"
- "Wrath of the Villains: This Ball of Mud and Meanness"
- "Wrath of the Villains: Mad Grey Dawn"
- "Wrath of the Villains: Into the Woods"
- "Wrath of the Villains: Pinewood"
- "Wrath of the Villains: Azrael"
- "Wrath of the Villains: Unleashed"
- "Wrath of the Villains: A Legion of Horribles"
- "Wrath of the Villains: Transference"
- "Mad City: Better to Reign in Hell..."
- "Mad City: Burn the Witch"
- "Mad City: Look Into My Eyes"
- "Mad City: New Day Rising"
- "Mad City: Anything for You"
- "Follow the White Rabbit"
- "Mad City: Red Queen"
- "Mad City: Blood Rush"
- "Mad City: The Executioner"
- "Mad City: Time Bomb"
- "Mad City: Beware the Green-Eyed Monster"
- "Mad City: Ghosts"
- "Mad City: Smile Like You Mean It"
- "Mad City: The Gentle Art of Making Enemies"
- "Heroes Rise: How the Riddler Got His Name"
- "Heroes Rise: These Delicate and Dark Obsessions"
- "Heroes Rise: The Primal Riddle"
- "Heroes Rise: Light The Wick"
- "Heroes Rise: All Will Be Judged"
- "Heroes Rise: Pretty Hate Machine"
- "Heroes Rise: Destiny Calling"
- "Heroes Rise: Heavydirtysoul"