|Gotham General Hospital|
|Official name:||Gotham General Hospital|
|Created by:||Christopher Nolan|
|First Appearance:||The Dark Knight|
|Country:||United States of America|
Gotham General Hospital was one of the largest Hospitals in Gotham City. It housed Harvey Dent, who by then had half of his face horribly scarred, and was the target for the Joker to blow up. Finally, it was destroyed when the Joker activated his explosives. However, all its denizens were safely transferred. Unfortunately, the Joker and his minions hi-jack a bus containing some of the denizens/medical staff before escaping.
Eight years after the events of Joker's spree the hospital was later rebuilt, and it housed Jim Gordon after he was shot by Bane's henchmen. When Bane subsequently took over the city, some of his men invaded the hospital to either kidnap or assassinate Gordon. He managed to stop them, however, and escaped with the assistance of John Blake.
Behind the ScenesEdit
- The hospital used for the movie was actually very old, and many people were pleased to see it put to use, even though the use was it blowing up.
- The location used for the explosion was actually an old Brach's Candy Factory, which was imploded for the scene.
- It is possible that this is the hospital Thomas Wayne worked at.
- Joker fiddling with the detonator in irritation and then making a break for it as the hospital resumes its destruction was not in the original script. Originally, The Joker was intended to not break his walking stance when it was exploding.
- The hospital in The Dark Knight Rises is confirmed to be a new Gotham General through signs that can be seen inside the building when Blake is rushing to save Gordon.
|This article is a stub. You can help the Batman wiki by expanding it.|