|Real name:||Harvey Dent|
|Characteristics:|| Gender - Male|
Eyes - Brown
|Portrayed by:||Billy Dee Williams|
- "We've received a letter from Batman this morning. 'Please inform the citizens of Gotham that Gotham City has earned a rest from crime. But if the forces of evil should rise again, to cast a shadow on the heart of the city, call me."
- ― Harvey Dent[src]
Harvey Dent was the district attorney of Gotham City.
DA Harvey Dent had recently been elected and vowed to bring the wave of crime to a halt by getting "Boss" Carl Grissom in court and convicted.
Behind the scenesEdit
- In the earlier drafts of the script, Harvey Dent was set to appear in Batman Returns, played by Billy Dee Williams. He was going to be used in the Max Shreck role, and the scarring of his face (which would turn him into the villain Two-Face) was set to happen during the finale when Catwoman kisses him while holding onto the Penguin's generator. (This would then, in turn set up the third movie, in which Two-Face was going to appear as the main villain.)
- Daniel Waters, one of the writers, wanted to have Harvey Dent start to come back, and just have one scene of him where he flips a coin and it is the good side of the coin. Waters thought it was only to be a very small subplot, which would have developed into the next movie.
- In Batman Forever, Tommy Lee Jones took over the role for Billy Dee Williams' portrayal of Harvey Dent in Batman, and both their portrayals should not be viewed as part of the same continuity, besides the fact that Billy Dee Williams is African American and Tommy Lee Jones is European American.
- When Two-Face was to become the main villain in a planned third Burton-directed film, director Tim Burton had abdicated to Joel Schumacher, who decided to hire Tommy Lee Jones.