|Real name:||Harvey Dent|
|Characteristics:|| Gender - Male|
Eyes - Brown
Hair - Black
|Portrayed by:||Billy Dee Williams|
- "We've received a letter from Batman this morning. 'Please inform the citizens of Gotham that Gotham City has earned a rest from crime. But if the forces of evil should rise again, to cast a shadow on the heart of the city, call me."
- ― Harvey Dent[src]
Harvey Dent was the District Attorney of Gotham City.
Harvey Dent was recently been elected DA and vowed to bring the wave of crime to a halt by getting "Boss" Carl Grissom in court and convicted.
Behind the Scenes
- In the earlier drafts of the script, Harvey Dent was set to appear in Batman Returns, and was going to be played by Billy Dee Williams. He was going to be used in the Max Shreck's role, and the scarring of his face (which turned him into Two-Face) was set to happen during the finale when Catwoman kissed him while he held onto Penguin's generator (that would then, in turn set up the third movie, in which Two-Face was going to appear as the main villain).
- Billy Dee Williams would, however, portray Two-Face in The Lego Batman Movie.
- Daniel Waters, one of the writers, wanted to have Harvey Dent start to come back, and just have one scene of him where he flipped a coin and it was the good side of the coin. Waters thought it was only to be a very small subplot, which would have been developed in the next movie by a new director and screenwriter.
- In Batman Forever, Tommy Lee Jones took over the role for Billy Dee Williams' portrayal of Harvey Dent in Batman, and both their portrayals should be viewed as part of the same continuity, besides the fact that Billy Dee Williams is African American and Tommy Lee Jones is Caucasian.
- DC Comics artist Joe Quinones and Kate Leth pitched a sequel comic to Batman Returns in 2015 that would have featured Billy Dee Williams' version of Harvey Dent and his transformation into his villainous alter ego Two-Face and retconned the events of Joel Schumacher's films. Ultimately, the comic was rejected by DC.