|Real name:||John Daggett|
|Affiliation:|| Daggett Industries|
|Characteristics:||Gender - Male|
|Portrayed by:||Ben Mendelsohn|
|Appearances:||The Dark Knight Rises|
- John Daggett: “I've paid you a small fortune.”
- Bane: “And this gives you power over me?”
- ―Daggett tries to threaten Bane[src]
The Dark Knight Rises
According to the intelligence agencies, Daggett employed Bane and the mercenaries to secure diamond mining rights in West Africa before bringing Bane to Gotham City. Daggett worked with Bane and helped him acquire Bruce Wayne's fingerprints with help from Selina Kyle. Selina wanted a clean slate tool from Daggett to erase her past, but he told her when she confronted him that it was a myth.
Daggett had funded the construction of Bane's underground base, his construction workers also helped place bombs over the city and help Bane and his henchmen with tasks. One of them was stalling John Blake at the stock exchange to help give way for Bane and his men to escape.
For Daggett's attempted takeover of Wayne Enterprises to work, the plan was for Bane to use Bruce's fingerprints so he would break into the Gotham Stock Exchange and put down a list of risky investments under Wayne's name and bankrupt him and lower the company's share value. Bruce Wayne was aware of this through Lucius Fox, who knew that Daggett bankrupted Bruce. When Miranda Tate was put in charge of the company instead, Daggett complained to Bane about it and Bane told Daggett's assistant, Phillip Stryver, to wait outside. Bane then grabbed Daggett once Stryver was gone, and said, "I'm necessary evil," right before ending Daggett's life in an agonizing way. Officer John Blake later told Jim Gordon in the hospital that Daggett's body was found in a dumpster.
- Roland Daggett and Daggett Industries were featured in Batman: The Animated Series. It could be possible that in the Dark Knight Trilogy, Roland Daggett was John Daggett's late father.
- Daggett's line to Bane echoes the exchange between Carmine Falcone and Batman in Batman Begins. Falcone: "What the hell are you?" Batman: "I'm Batman."