|Real name:||Waylon Jones|
|First Appearance:||Batman: Arkham Origins|
|Abilities:||Tracking, Incredibly Fast Underwater|
|Portrayed by:||Khary Payton (voice)|
Waylon Jones, also known as Killer Croc, is one of the eight assassins hired by Black Mask (actually the Joker in disguise) to kill Batman on Christmas Eve. Abandoned to his abusive and alcoholic aunt and abused and bullied his entire life due to his appearance, the result of a genetic disorder he was born with, Jones embraced his animal instincts and violently murders and devours his aunt after finally reaching his breaking point. Joining a traveling circus and adopting the stage name, "Killer Croc", Jones bonded with his fellow carnival workers and felt like he had a family for the first time.
This came to a tragic end however, when vicious audience members in Gotham City destroyed the carnival and killed all whom Jones felt affection for. Seeking revenge on all humanity for their crimes, Croc began to devour countless individuals to survive, becoming a monster in body and spirit. Driven by hatred and a lust for blood, Croc regularly works with Gotham's various mob organizations as a brutal and cannibalistic hit-man to satisfy his appetite for violence and money. Seeing all humans as selfish and judgmental sacks of flesh, Jones took orders from anyone who could provide him with money and a larger scope of victims.
He was 28 years old, 10'5, and weighed 485 pounds by the time of Batman's second year at crimefighting.
Killer Croc grew up with a severe medical condition of an unknown form of epldermyoletic hyperkeratosis, although this was conflicted with reports suggesting he had regressive atavism. Regardless, he eventually had various warrants, including 7 counts of assault, 7 counts of aggravated assault, 6 counts of murder of the first degree, 14 counts of murder of the second degree, 12 counts of manslaughter, 4 counts of drug dealing, and 1 count of reposterising.
Batman: Arkham Origins
The first of the eight assassins hired by Black Mask (secretly The Joker in disguise), Killer Croc assisted his employer in breaking into Blackgate Prison in order to free Julian Day, alias "The Calendar Man", and execute Commissioner Gillian Loeb. After Black Mask discovered that they were being tailed by an aerial drone, Killer Croc was ordered to destroy it and retrieve the memory card. However, Killer Croc instead smashed the drone to the ground, and despite assuring Black Mask that it was destroyed, the memory card survived.
As Black Mask escaped by helicopter, Croc stayed behind to take on Batman, who was in pursuit of Sionis. While Jones possessed far greater strength and a crushing jaw, Batman's quick wit and gadgets allowed him to overcome Killer Croc, eventually defeated, and dangling him over the edge of a cliff for an interrogation. Croc revealed that Mask had hired seven other assassins and mercenaries that would soon come after him and take him down that night, but before Batman could extrapolate further data, Captain Gordon arrived, forcing Batman to retreat and leave Croc to be taken in by the GCPD. Killer Croc was also responsible for Howard Branden and his SWAT Team's later antagonism of Batman, due to Killer Croc, after undergoing interrogation at the GCPD lockup, revealing that he and seven other assassins were hired by Black Mask with a reward of $50,000,000 to kill Batman, which piqued their interest in the reward.
He was then taken into custody by the Gotham police. Croc was seen briefly at Blackgate Prison attacking Batman during the Joker's riot, luckily James Gordon, interfering with a sniper's aim in anger for the sniper earlier wounding Warden Martin Joseph, caused a stray sniper round to graze Croc in the arm, forcing the mutant criminal to flee elsewhere in the prison in irritation, also telling Batman that he can have the Joker for all he cares.
Batman: Arkham Asylum
Batman: Arkham City
- 850+ lbs.
- Incredibly fast underwater
- Unknown form of epidermolytic hyperkeratosis, conflicting reports of regressive atavism.
- "You wanted it smashed, so I smashed it!"
- "Thought I caught your scent."
- "Comin' atcha!"
- "Oh, ow!"
- "You ain't strong enough."
- "Do your fists hurt?"
- "You're all mine."
- "They'll be scrappin' you off the floor!"
- "Lets add some fuel to this fight."
- "Lemme show you somethin'."
- "Yeah, that's right. Come a little closer."
- "Lemme me show you my piledriver!"
- "Like my tenderizer?"
- "Yeah. C'mon in close."
- "I'll flatten you!"
- "Catch this!"
- "Time to make some money."
- "Time to put an end to this!"
- "Time to take this seriously."
- "Only boss a'me is me."
- "Wait 'till Black Mask's assassin's get through with you-"
- "Whoever wins is gonna be famous AND rich."
- "Would ya look who's back for more?"
- "Not yet you haven't."
- "Screw this. Want the Joker? Take 'im."
- "I'll line my lair with your flesh, Batman!"
- "Ah, the sweet scent of defeat!"
- "Looks like dinner is served!"
- After defeating Croc, Batman would later tell Alfred that the source of his information was a "human-shaped crocodile", to Alfred's mild amusement and surprise.
- This version of Killer Croc is significantly smaller than his portrayal in Arkham Asylum (7 inches and 95 lbs smaller, to be exact). This is likely because his mutation is less developed.
- Out of the Eight Assassins, Killer Croc is the only assassin to act as a personal henchmen for The Joker (under the guise of Black Mask) in addition to being assigned to collect the bounty on Batman.