Lawrence was a bald man with a handlebar mustache who worked for the Joker alongside his partner, Bob. That man carried the Joker's Boombox as they defaced much of the artwork at the Flugelheim Museum (he played "Partyman" by Prince). He was usually seen wherever the Joker was, including going to Vicki Vale`s apartment (during that instance, he played more romantic music).Along with five other Joker goons, he disguised himself as a street mime in order to sneak up on Vinnie Ricorso's bodyguards and shoot them after the Joker stabbed Ricorso in the throat with a quill pen. He did not shave his mustache before applying his makeup, and completed the look with a large red clown nose.
He waited for the Joker at the top of the Gotham Cathedral. He later crashed through the floorboards while he tried to ambush Batman. It was unclear how far Lawrence fell after he went through the floor.
- Lawrence appeared in the 1989 Mega Drive/Genesis game, Batman (based on the film of the same name). In that game, he was encountered as a boss in the third stage (which took place at the Flugelheim Museum), which Batman must fight, while the Joker and Vicki Vale watched from a balcony. He appeared mainly the same, complete with his boombox (which he used as a weapon). However, instead of the standard Joker jacket, he wore a white muscle shirt.
The 1990 video game adaption of the same film for the PC Engine/TurboGrafx-16 also featured Lawrence. He was a boss in the final level at the Gotham Cathedral, the second after the Swordsman Joker Goon, who tried to stop Batman from reaching the Joker (like in the film). Lawrence attacked Batman by twirling a hammer over his head once the Martial Artist Joker Goon was defeated (who fell through the floor, and left a hole). Upon being hit, Lawrence was knocked back, and he was defeated once he was pushed into the hole that the Martial Artist Joker Goon made (also like his death in the movie). Lawrence's appearance was faithful to his film counterpart, however, he used an Olympic-style hammer as a weapon.
- Lawrence appeared on the Lego Batman Movie when Alfred is remembering the 'phases' that Bayman has gone through, including the one from 1989.
Behind the Scenes Edit
- Lawrence was played by George Lane Cooper.
- In the Novelization, it was revealed that the Joker had hired Lawrence (despite him being never called by name) from a "Kung Fu Studio", along with the Gymnast Joker Goon and the Bell Tower Joker Goon. He's also referred to as "Steve-arino" in the museum scene, which implied that his name was Steve in the book.
- In the comic book adaptation, Lawrence got knocked into the Gymnast Joker Goon and they both fell down the Bell Tower together and died.