Lois Lane primarily appears in Superman stories but has encountered Batman, his allies and his enemies on numerous occassions. She is a top investigative reporter and journalist in Metropolis for The Daily Planet.
- Main article: Lois Lane on the Superman Wiki
Lois Lane is the World renowned Pulitzer prize-winning journalist and the primary love interest of Superman (For fifteen years in DC Comics continuity, she was also his wife before the 52 reboot). Like Superman's alter ego Clark Kent, she is a reporter for the Metropolis newspaper, the Daily Planet working alongside Jimmy Olsen and editor-and-chief Perry White.
Lois is the daughter of four star General Samuel Lane and Ella Lane, she is also the older sister of Lucy Lane. Lois was brought up as an army brat by her father who taught her intensive military combat training as he would've done with a son (which he had wanted instead of the two girls who he raised quite harshly as a means to toughen them). These traits and skills actually served a purpose as Lois would used them through her life as she would go on to make a name for herself as the best investigate reporter and multiple Pulitzer prize-winning journalist in Metropolis by her no-say attitude to get the story at any cost even it's at the expense of her own life by placing herself in precarious situations fortunately for her Superman is there to save her as are other heroes such as (Batman, Wonder Woman The Justice League, Birds of Prey etc.. should Superman be off-world or detained elsewhere). Lois is no Damsel in Distress and she has shown to be more than capable of holding her own even providing assistance to the Heroes themselves when the situation requires it.
Powers and AbilitiesEdit
- Expert Investigative Journalist: Lois Lane is one of the best investigative journalists of her time. She has uncovered multiple conspiracy over the years, earning her multiple awards as well as international prestige.
- Expert Hand-To-Hand Combatant: Lois has been trained in rigorous militarian training. She has gained expert-level skill in hand-to-hand combat, knife throwing, and firearm usage.
- Lois has been shown various time through the DC comics to being an ally of Batman and the Bat-Family, and at one time was briefly in a romantic relationship with Bruce Wayne.
- Lois Lane had appeared frequently in the World's Finest Comics series (1941-1986)
- In the Superman's Girl Friend, Lois Lane series (1958-1974) their were various issue where Bruce Wayne/Batman would guest star.
- Lois appeared in the Superman/Batman series regularly.
- Prior to the New 52 reboot, Lois had teamed up with Batman and members of the Bat family - Catwoman, Barbara Gordon, Robin, Nightwing.
- Voice Actors Kevin Conroy and Dana Delany had previously worked together in Batman: Mask of the Phantasm as Batman and The Phantasm before Superman: The Animated series "World's Finest" where Conroy reprised his role as Batman and Delany was now voicing Lois Lane in the series. They'd also worked together in Batman: The Brave and the Bold episode "The Super-Batman of Planet X!" in which they voiced an Amalgam version of Superman and Lois mixed with Batman and Viki Vale known as Tlano: Batman of Zur-En-Arrh and Vilsi Valar.
- Lois Lane has meet Bruce Wayne/Batman and Barbara Gordon in Season Eleven Smallville arc "Detective" the comic series is a spin-off based of the 10 year TV series Smallville.
- In Tales of Metropolis animated short, Lois follows Batman everywhere to get an interview. Before he defeats Penguin, Batman answers Lois' questions in order of when each one is asked.
- One of Batman's love interests, Gotham's very own unique reporter Vicki Vale, is based of character of Lois Lane.
In other mediaEdit
Lois Lane has appeared in every animated series of Superman and as a result she encountered Batman/Bruce Wayne in the episodes that he's been featured or guest star.
- In The Adventures of Superman the radio serial, "Batman's Great Mystery" (February 1948) Lois aids Superman & Batman in a mystery caper. Joan Alexander provides the voice of Lois.
- Lois appeared in various episodes of the Super Friends series voiced by Shannon Farnon.
- In Superman: The Animated Series, Batman guest stars in two episodes "World's Finest" and "The Demon Reborn", Lois appears voiced by Dana Delany who also reprises her role in Justice League and Justice League Unlimited. Lois appears as a cameo picture of her and Bruce having dinner in Batman Beyond "Out of The Past", Where an elderly Bruce Wayne reminisce his past relationships of his youth.
- In The Batman season 5 premiere, "The Batman/Superman Story, Part One" Lois appears and is kidnaped by Clayface and held hostage by Black Mask and various members of Batman's Rogue Gallery of villains in order to trap Superman. Dana Delany reprises her role once more.
- In Batman: The Brave and the Bold episode "Battle of the Superheroes!", Lois Lane appears voiced by Sirena Irwin.
- In Justice League: The New Frontier, Lois appears voiced by Kyra Sedgwick
- In Superman/Batman: Public Enemies, Lois appears at the end of the film in a non-speaking role, but she is referenced through the film by Superman as well as it's sequel Superman/Batman: Apocalypse.
- In Justice League: Doom, Lois appears voiced by Grey DeLisle.
- In Justice League: The Flashpoint Paradox film, Lois is voiced once more by Dana Delany.
- In Tales of Metropolis DC Nation Animated Short, Lois is voiced by Maria Bamford.
- In Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice film, Lois appears as a supporting character portrayed by Amy Adams. She has a moment with Batman where she discloses vital information to him at the climatic point of a physical face-off fight between Superman and Batman.
- Seven actress have portrayed the character of Lois Lane in live action media (Noel Neill, Phyllis Coates, Margot Kidder, Teri Hatcher, Erica Durance, Kate Bosworth and Amy Adams).