|Birth Name:||Martin Patterson Hingle|
|Birth Date:||July 19, 1924|
|Birth Place:||Denver, Colorado|
|Death Date:||January 3, 2009 (blood cancer)|
Characters portrayed by Pat Hingle in the Batman UniverseEdit
- Along with Michael Gough who portrayed Alfred, Hingle was one of only two actors to return for all four movies.
- Hingle had a near death experience, as he was in an elevator that was trapped between the second and third floor in his apartment building. Then he managed to crawl out, but he fell down the shaft and was severely injured. He needed over a year to recover. Hingle suffered a fractured skull, wrist, hip and legs. He lost the little finger on his left hand and spent the longest time learning how to walk again.
- He made several films acting alongside of Clint Eastwood.
- He did a voice-over in the Don Bluth animated film The Land Before Time as the narrator, who is also a dinosaur that advises Littlefoot.
- He was awarded the 1983 Drama-Logue Award for Outstanding Performance for Cat on a Hot Tin Roof at the Mark Taper Forum Theatre in Los Angeles, California.
- He was nominated for a Tony Award in 1958 for The Dark at the Top of the Stairs.
- Stephen King cast him in a supporting role in his one and only directing film effort Maximum Overdrive. He found his performance and abilities so impressive, he later cast him to appear as the in his TV miniseries of The Shining.