Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|Ra's al Ghul's Decoy|
|Aliases:||Ra's al Ghul|
|Affiliation:|| League of Shadows|
|Characteristics:|| Gender - Male|
Height - Unknown
Weight - Unknown
Eyes - Brown
Hair - None, bald, but appears to have a white facial beard
|Portrayed by:||Ken Watanabe|
- "Gotham's time has come. Like Constantinople or Rome before it, the city has become a breeding ground for suffering and injustice. It is beyond saving and must be allowed to die. This is the most important function of the League of Shadows. It is one we've performed for centuries. Gotham...must be destroyed."
- ―Ra's al Ghul's decoy[src]
After nearly seven years away from Gotham City, Bruce Wayne was eventually detained in China for theft (ironically, of Wayne Enterprises cargo), where he met Henri Ducard while languishing in a Bhutanese prison. He invited Bruce to join an elite vigilante group, the League of Shadows, led by Ra's al Ghul. Wayne was freed, and he traveled to a mountaintop to begin his combat training with the League. Bruce passed the League's training tests and overcame his childhood phobia in the process.
During the final test, Bruce turned against the League when he learned from Ra's al Ghul that he was supposed to lead a mission to destroy Gotham. Bruce destroyed their headquarters instead of completing their final test: the execution of an accused murderer. Bruce flicked the hot iron brand of the League of Shadows to the upper level of the fortress using his sword and then knocked Ducard unconscious. Ra's had the rest of the warriors stay away as he then engaged in one-on-one sword combat with Bruce. Ra's al Ghul died when the fortress was hit by an explosion of gunpowder, causing wood and debris to crash down upon him. Bruce himself survived and rescued an unconscious Ducard from the wreckage and he left his mentor at a nearby village. He later discovered that the man he rescued was actually Ra's al Ghul, not the man he believed to have died.
- Despite being the decoy, Ken Watanabe was credited as portraying Ra's al Ghul in the credits of Batman Begins. Liam Neeson, who portrayed the real Ra's al Ghul, was credited by his alias Ducard.
- In addition to Ken Watanabe, Jay Buozzi is credited as "Asian Man/Ra's al Ghul" in the film's credits. He appears at Wayne Manor during Bruce's 30th birthday party.
- The decoy Ra's al Ghul bears much similarity to Sensei from the comics.
- The way in which he is killed is similar to how his character in Inception, another Nolan-directed movie, meets his demise in a dream.