Riddler Challenges are, as their name implies, a series of riddles, puzzles, and hidden extortion data, trophies, interview tapes, and destructible items that are placed throughout the four main games of the Arkham Series by staple villain, Edward Nigma, aka The Riddler. Below is breakdown of each challenge, respective of each of the four games, and the solution that is necessary to complete it.
Arkham Origins ChallengesEdit
Gotham Pioneers Bridge:
Gotham Pioneers Bridge:
Arkham Asylum ChallengesEdit
Each unique set of locations in the game (e.g. one building or one of the island sections) has a number of associated Riddler Challenges, which can be solved to earn XP and unlock bonuses, such as character profiles, character trophies, and challenge mini-games. There are several distinct types of challenges:
The Riddler challenges Batman to find these audio reels scattered throughout Arkham Asylum in doctors' offices, guard towers, and sometimes strewn around across the floor and in the unlikeliest of places. These tapes may require some serious searching to locate, but provide interesting psychological depth on Arkham Asylum's most infamous inmates. This reel (above) is on a wooden desk in the nest of the Arkham East guard tower.*Riddler Trophies: These green question-mark statues are scattered all over, sometimes out in the open, sometimes hidden in difficult-to-access areas.
- Riddles: More or less cryptic clues describing specific locations or objects. To solve the riddle, the described object or scene must be visible on-screen and must be "scanned". These range from obvious (One riddle simply name-drops Prometheus and requires Batman to scan a wanted poster for the villain) to the cryptic (one riddle mentions the "end of days" for a murderer, referring to the cell where the Calendar Man sleeps).
- Joker Teeth: The Joker has scattered a lot of "chattering teeth" gag toys, often in groups of two or three. To fulfill the challenge, a certain number of teeth (5, 10, 20) must be destroyed.
- Perspective Riddles Two halves of a question mark have been painted on the scenery (only visible in Detective Mode). When viewed from the right perspective, they line up to form a whole question mark, which can be scanned to solve the riddle.
- Interview Tapes: Audio tape reels containing patient interviews and doctor's notes can be found in many locations, giving insight into some of the major characters in the game.
- Chronicles of Arkham: All over the Island there are scribbled messages on decorative stones, in the same spiraling style that Amadeus Arkham once used. Batman must scan these messages to decode them.
- Riddler Maps: Each location set contains one map which reveals the approximate placement of all the other challenge items, by placing floating question marks on the in-game map.
Some of the items are initially inaccessible and can only be accessed after Batman has collected a specific gadget. Since this requires revisiting locations when the actual plot of the game does not require it, the game allows the player to continue exploring the island, even after the reaching the end, in order to achieve 100% completion.
The many riddles and puzzles the Riddler has scattered through Arkham include cryptic clues describing specific locations or objects. To solve the riddle, the described object must be visible on-screen and must be "scanned". The Riddler will pose actual riddles for Batman to solve in specific areas throughout Arkham, who will be notified as soon as he enters a room. These riddles are generally solved by one of two ways but the means in which you solve them remains the same. Batman will either need to find a specific object the Riddler is talking about or find a disjointed question mark symbol and line it up from a certain perspective.
- Riddle 1: "Don't cut yourself on this sharply observed portrait."
After receiving the first message from the Riddler in the Intensive Treatment Lobby, Batman must turn around and look to the left of the ladder for a portrait of Warden Sharp, scanning it to solve the riddle.
- Riddle 2: "A puzzle has many sides, but only some are visible."
Before leaving the Intensive Treatment Lobby, Batman must look around the windows of the offices in the middle of the room to solve this puzzle. He's looking to put together a hidden question mark. Its body will be separated from the period. Batman must use Detective Mode to find the body of the question mark on a window of the office, then turn around until he has lined up the dot on the wall just underneath the body. When it looks like a "?", Batman must scan it to complete this riddle.
- Riddle 3: "You don't know Jack about Gotham. Tune in to find out."
To solve this riddle, Batman must enter the Utility Corridor of the Intensive Treatment Center. When he enters the guards' locker room, Batman must listen for the sound of a radio and find it. Batman then must look at the dial on the radio to locate the name Jack Ryder, scanning it to complete the riddle. Doing so will unlock Jack Ryder's Character Bio.
- Riddle 4: "Hook up with the relatives before you're transferred out of here."
In the Cell Block Transfer Corridor of the Intensive Treatment Center, Batman must use the Cryptographic Sequencer to unlock a door on the right. Unlocking the door will allow Batman to enter Aaron Cash's office. Batman may proceed up the stairs and look at the framed picture on Cash's desk, scanning it to solve the riddle.
- Riddle 5: "Dr. Jonathan Crane plans on elevating fear to new depths."
To solve this riddle, Batman must jump down on top of the locked elevator Scarecrow used to escape in the Intensive Treatment Center. Crawling through the ventilation shaft here, Batman will find a cave littered with paperwork - scan the blueprints to solve this riddle.
The solution to riddle #6.*Riddle 6: "A top hat and tails is the only dress code for this party in the North."
When Batman revisits the Transfer Loop in Intensive Treatment, halfway through as he heads east is an office that Batman needs to crouch to get into. Once inside, Batman must turn around and scan the advertisement of Penguin's Iceberg Lounge to solve this riddle. This is found in William North's office.
- Riddle 7: "Even I was shocked when I saw how Maxie Zeus was treated!"
Batman must use the Explosive Gel on the breakable wall in the main area of the Patient Pacification Chamber and then scan Maxie Zeus's cell to solve this riddle. Doing so will unlock a Character Bio for Maxie Zeus.
The solution to riddle #8.*Riddle 8: "Where would you find my home sweet home?"
To find this riddle-clue, Batman must be in the Holding Cells where the game began. Batman must enter the Riddler's cell with the green question marks on the wall, scanning the interior to solve this riddle.
- Riddle 9: "Gotham's greatest family towers over the city."
Batman may look across the water from the clock tower in Arkham East toward Gotham City. To solve this riddle, Batman must look for the Wayne tower along the skyline (the one with the giant W on it). He must scan the tower to solve this riddle. Doing so will unlock Bruce Wayne's Character Bio.
- Riddle 10: "My challenges appear to those with the correct position in life."
Batman must stand on the top edge of the clock tower in Arkham East and look south to see the body of the question mark on the roof below to find this riddle. The hidden period is on the ledge of the platform. Batman must line the two up in his vision and scan them to complete this riddle.
- Riddle 11: "The legacy of this island has been well and truly buried."
Near the cemetery entrance in Arkham East, there is a lit-up tombstone with the name Amadeus Arkham carved onto it. Batman may scan this headstone to complete the riddle. In doing so, the Character Bio for Dr. Amadeus Arkham will be unlocked.
- Riddle 12: "Now I see it, now you don't!"
To decipher this puzzle, Batman must stand outside the ruined building, by the archway in Arkham North. If Batman triggers Detective Mode and looks up, he will be able to see the body of a question mark on the underside of the top of the archway. After lining this up with the dot which is on the ceiling above it, Batman can scan the question mark to solve this riddle.
- Riddle 13: "Tweedledum and Tweedledee SAW it, can you SEE it?"
At the north end of this area is the locked gated entrance to Arkham Asylum. Just to the right of it is a see-saw with the hats of Tweedledum and Tweedledee on it. Batman must scan this to solve the riddle. Once completed, the player will receive Tweedledum and Tweedeldee's Character Bio.
The solution to riddle #14.*Riddle 14: "Let's face it, there are two Dents on the wall."
Once Batman has hacked into the western guard station at Arkham North, he will notice the old Harvey Dent campaign flyers plastered on the back wall. Scanning these will solve the riddle.
- Riddle 15: "Do you see what I can see? No? Then maybe I am in a stronger position."
When Batman grapples up to the balcony above the entrance to the Penitentiary at Arkham West, it is here he can look down to see the body of a hidden question mark. Batman will need to line this up with the period which is on a railing of the balcony. Batman must line it up, then scan it to solve this riddle.
- Riddle 16: "Zsasz is counting on you finding his work."
With the Range Amplifier upgrade for the Cryptographic Sequencer Batman can hack into the room above the Cell Block entrance to the Penitentiary. Within are the bodies of three unfortunate victims of Mr. Zsasz, arranged to be seated around a table. Scanning them will solve this riddle.
- Riddle 17: "Does Scarecrow's gas break down barriers as it drives you insane?"
If Batman will grapple onto the horizontal beams in front of the Arkham East doors, he can look up to his left and use the Ultra Batclaw to pull the breakable wall down. Batman can then grapple into this alcove and scan the canisters of fear gas stored here to solve this riddle.
- Riddle 18: "Tick! Tock! News flash! Someone is not getting out of here alive."
In the northwest area of the lowest level of the Sanitarium is Killer Croc's former cell littered with bones. Batman must scan it to solve this riddle. If the player does, the player will get Killer Croc's Character Bio.
- Riddle 19: "A question can only be answered from a new perspective. Don't you agree?"
There is a breakable floor, on the second level of the Sanitarium. Batman may blow it open with his explosive gel, then use Detective Mode to see the question mark along the rim of the hole. There's a period on the floor below at a slanted angle. Lining the two up and scanning them will solve this riddle.
- Riddle 20: "Is the generosity of our benefactors on the Wayne?"
To find the answer to this riddle, Batman must visit the front desk of the Medical Facility, located in the southern section of the Medical Foyer hallway. Here, the plaque on the wall is easily located with the Waynes' name on it. Scanning it will solve the Riddler's clue and also allow Batman to unlock the Alfred Pennyworth Character Bio.
- Riddle 21: "Shhhhhh! Rumors persist that Tommy Elliot operates in Arkham. Can it be true?"
After rescuing Dr. Chen in the Surgery Room of the Medical Facility, Batman may grapple to the upper balcony (where the Joker's men had been waiting to ambush him) and locate the whiteboard with the night shift schedule for the Arkham staff. Scanning the board (With Thomas Elliot's name on it) will complete the riddle. He was working on the Mad Hatter and Firefly. Doing so will unlock Hush's Character Bio.
- Riddle 22: "Was this Firefly too hot off the press?"
After clearing the Patient Observation area of the Medical Facility of the toxic gas, Batman can enter the small room with an easily-breakable roof and scan the newspaper clippings about Firefly on the old cabinet door to solve the riddle. Doing so will unlock Firefly's Character Bio.
- Riddle 23: "What silent killer of the oceans can be found in a tiny jar?"
After Batman awakes back in the Morgue after defeating the Scarecrow for the first time, he may look on the tray near the middle of the room for a jar with lips, a nose and a few fingers in it labelled with the nickname of Warren White. Batman must zoom in using his cowl's vision and scan the words "Great White Shark" on the jar to solve the riddle. Doing so will unlock the Character Bio for The Great White Shark.
- Riddle 24: "Is this bear the Bane of his life?"
Osito (Spanish for "little bear") the teddy bear of a young Bane, can be found on the table in the Experimental Chamber of the Medical Facility next to a secret map left by the Riddler. Batman may scan the bear to complete this riddle. Doing so will unlock Bane's Character Bio.
The solution to riddle #25.*Riddle 25: "Are you going to take your hat off to Harley, Bats?"
Batman can use the vent above the Morgue elevator doors in the Sanatorium to enter the elevator shaft and drop down to the lower level. Crawling through the vent closest to the base of the elevator shaft, Batman will enter Secure Access. From this vent system, he may drop down into the locked office of former Arkham doctor Harleen Quinzel, plastered with pictures of the Joker and untouched since Quinzel's dismissal. Scanning these pictures and cluttered desktop will allow Batman to solve this riddle.
- Riddle 26: "Who is the main man in the main hall?"
After taking out the Joker's goons in the Main Hall of the Arkham Mansion, Batman may step into the short hall on the right and scan the portrait of Commissioner Gordon on the wall to solve this riddle.
- Riddle 27: "Did Amadeus go mad, or was he just dizzy?"
To complete this riddle, Batman must scan the many circles scrawled across the interior of the abandoned cell of the late Amadeus Arkham, located in the North Corridor of the old Arkham Mansion.
- Riddle 28: "It'll be a cold day in hell when this Ghul rises again."
After taking out the three thugs attempting to break into Penelope Young's Office, Batman can head up the stairs and scan the corpse of Ra's al Ghul sticking halfway out of the freezer to solve this riddle. The corpse vanishes towards the end of the game. When scanned, the player will get Ra's al Ghul's Character BIo.
- Riddle 29: "How do you mask your feelings without losing control?"
Batman must scan Black Mask's original wooden mask, mounted on the wall in Dr. Young's Office, to solve this puzzle-clue. Doing so will unlock the Character Bio for Black Mask.
- Riddle 30: "What does a bird need in the rain?"
When Batman enters the Southern Corridor of the Arkham Mansion, on the left wall is a glass display case with a top hat and a dusty collection of the Penguin's umbrellas encased within. Batman must scan it to solve the riddle. Doing so will unlock Penguin's Character Bio.
The solution to riddle #31.*Riddle 31: "A game of cat and mouse can be painful."
Across from where Batman fights the first stun baton-wielding thug in the East Wing Corridor of the Arkham Mansion, there is a glass display case with Catwoman's mask and clawed gloves mounted within. Scanning it will solve the riddle. Doing so will unlock Selina Kyle's Character Bio.
- Riddle 32: "Isn't the Warden too old for a puppet show?"
- Riddle 33: "Our Records show that a Strange transfer request was made in this room."
In the West Wing Corridor of the Arkham Mansion, Batman may use the Cryptographic Sequencer to unlock the door to the south. Now he must the Line Launcher to zip over the electrified floor. Once inside this small room at the end of the corridor, Batman can look at the psychiatric files of Hugo Strange on the ground to the left, labeled "Strange Files." Scanning these files will solve this riddle. After you have solved the riddle, you may use the Cryptographic Sequencer to disable the electrified floor, so that you may walk back out. Doing so will unlock Hugo Strange's Character Bio.
- Riddle 34: "How do you reflect on your successes and failures, Batman?"
Standing in front of the mirror of the restroom in Cells Access of the Penitentiary and scanning Batman's reflection will solve this riddle.
- Riddle 35: "A case of mistaken identity?"
After obtaining the Cryptographic Sequencer from Warden Sharp in the Security Control Room of the Penitentiary, Batman will go back down to the lower level of the area and pass by the glass cell of Clayface. Scanning Clayface as he impersonates Warden Sharp, James Gordon, or Aaron Cash will decipher the riddle. If done so, the player will unlock Clayface's Character Bio.
The solution to riddle # 36.*Riddle 36: "This room is the end of days for even the most celebrated killer."
When Batman returns to the Main Cell Block from The Green Mile, he can enter the western section of the cell block, where the Joker has released the more unsettled patients housed there. Entering the second cell on the right, Batman will find himself in the cell of the Calendar Man. Scanning the scattered calendar days covering the cell will solve this riddle. Doing so will unlock Calender Man's Character Bio.
- Riddle 37: "What has four walls, two sides, and one ex-DA?"
Up the stairs and about halfway down the hall in Controlled Access of the Penitentiary, is the infamous cell of Two-Face, mirroring his duality. Upon entering the cell, Batman will see the "Vote Harvey Dent" poster on the wall. Scanning this campaign poster will solve the Riddler's latest clue. Solving this riddle will unlock Harvey Dent's Character Bio.
- Riddle 38: "All alone in your cell? Why don't you break the ice with the most dangerous prisoners?"
After locking Harley Quinn in a cell in the Penitentiary's Extreme Incarceration, Batman can stand in the middle section of the three formerly-electrified floors here and look to the southeast to see Mr. Freeze's cell, covered in ice. Scanning the cell will solve this riddle. Do this to get Mr. Freeze's Character Bio.
- Riddle 39: "When is something right in front of you, but still hidden from you?"
From the small upper office to the north in the Guard Room of the Penitentiary, Batman may look south with Detective Mode on and spot this question mark across the way. Lining up the body with the period and scanning it will complete the riddle.
- Riddle 40: "Prometheus, Arkham guards' most wanted and most hated."
After clearing the toxic gas from the Guard Room, Batman can drop into the room below him. Toward the east will be a bulletin board. Once Batman scans the wanted flyer of Prometheus the riddle will be solved.
The solution to riddle #41.*Riddle 41: "Is the number up for these guards?"
Once the Joker has seized Arkham East, the Botanical Gardens will come under his control as well. Looking to the left as Batman steps out into the larger portion of the Glasshouse Entrance, he will see two dead security guards crumpled around a bench, apparently posed there by Zsasz. If Batman scans them, he'll solve this riddle.
Riddle 42: "This fiendish puzzle literally appears out of thin air."
At the air duct in the Southern Corridor of the Arkham Mansion, Batman may turn around once he is inside the air duct and stand on the edge of the ducts while looking down. Using Detective Mode, Batman will see the body of the question mark below while the period is on the edge of the air duct. Once Batman lines the two up and scans them, the riddle will be solved.
Riddle 43: "What time is tea time in Wonderland?"
Along the second level of the Botanical Gardens, Batman will find the Mad Hatter's tea set balanced on one of the back wall plant pots. If Batman scans the tea set, he'll solve this riddle. Doing so will grant the player access to Mad Hatter's Character Bio.
Riddle 44: "Remember the Waynes? How could anyone forget?"
Batman will pass a park bench in the middle of the Statue Corridor of the Botanical Gardens. If Batman examines the plaque on the bench, it's a dedication to Thomas and Martha Wayne. Scanning the plaque will complete the riddle. Do this to get the Character Bio for Thomas and Marth Wayne.
- Riddle 45: "The Ratcatcher needed more than just his charm to lead his army."
As Batman crawls through the vent shaft away from the Flooded Corridor of the Botanical Gardens, there is a grate in the floor Batman can look through as he passes over it. The Ratcatcher's equipment is stored here. When Batman scans the gear, the riddle will be solved. Do this to get Ratcatcher's Character Bio.
- Riddle 46: "This challenge can only be seen by those with a different view on life."
About crossing the bridge in the Abandoned Corridor of the Botanical Gardens, Batman can cling to the column to the left and shimmy around to the left, then pull himself onto the platform here. Heading north along this platform and crawling under the broken part, Batman will arrive at the site of a hidden question mark. Batman may look down when he reaches the end of this platform. He'll see most of the question mark on the edge of the platform he is standing on but the corner of it is down below. Lining them up and scanning them will solve this riddle.
- Riddle 47: "Looks like all the king's horses trampled all the king's men."
Batman must walk south down the dead end hallway in the Flooded Corridor in the Botanical Gardens to find a bench with a handful of broken toys on it, having been taken apart by the Arkham inmate Humpty Dumpty. Scanning the toys will solve this riddle. Do this to unlock the character bio for Humpty Dumpty.
- Riddle 48: "Is this a tribute to what a mad dog left behind?"
In the eastern half of the Flooded Corridor is a beheaded statue of Constance Arkham, vandalized by Martin "Mad Dog" Hawkins. Batman must find the small gold plaque on the base of the statue and look at it in first-person view to see that "Mad Dog" has been etched into it. Batman must scan the plaque it to solve the riddle.
- Riddle 49: "There's no closet in the Gardens, so someone is using the roof instead."
In the Aviary, just to the northwest of a ledge in a wall and a little lower Batman will spot a skeleton in a cocoon that is webbed to the wall, a reference to Killer Moth. Scanning the skeleton in first-person mode will solve the Riddler's clue and also allow Batman to unlock the Killer Moth patient report. Do this to unlock Killer Moth's Character Bio.
- Riddle 50: "Two people, one voice, no gun?"
In the security guards' control office, on the upper level of the Main Cell Block, is The Ventriloquist's Tommy gun mounted on the wall. Batman must scan the machine gun to solve this riddle. Do this to gain access to The Ventriloquist's Character Bio.
As Batman continues to solve all 50 riddles and collect the items, Riddler initially taunts him with the "slowness" of his progress, but becomes increasingly agitated as the amount of solved riddles rises. He accuses Batman of cheating, possibly by looking up the riddles on the internet. Once enough riddles have been solved, Batman manages to deduce the Riddler's current location and transmits it to the Gotham Police.
Arkham City ChallengesEdit
- Riddle 1: “Its far from PURRFECT, but she calls it home.”
This riddle can be solved by finding and scanning Catwoman's apartment.
- Riddle 2: “You’ve been warned. People aren’t the only unstable part of this city.”
To solve this riddle scan a collapsed part of Arkham City's streets including signs warning of "Catastrophic Subsidence".
- Riddle 3: “DA campaign special: Get two votes, for the price of one.”
Near the Solomon Wayne Courthouse there is Harvey Dent's old campaign office. Scan this for the solution to this riddle.
- Riddle 4: “I wonder how you can land an appointment with this milliner? Perhaps it would be best to book?”
After Batman's encounter with the Mad Hatter, scan the copy of Alice in Wonderland in his hideout on the table next to him and this riddle is solved.
- Riddle 5: “Has this flower turned over a new leaf?”
Scanning the shop front of "Baudelaire", which mentions that the proprietor is Pamela Isley, will answer this riddle.
- Riddle 6: “This den is where the vicious animals take your treasure. Is it theft, if it’s already stolen?”
Find the door that is the entrance of TYGER Confiscated Goods and scan it to solve the riddle.
- Riddle 7: “This question can only be answered from an unusual perspective. Can you get yourself there?”
Solved by aligning and scanning the question mark whilst using Detective Mode from the Solomon Wayne Courthouse flagpole.
- Riddle 8: “Do you have strange thoughts? Maybe you should seek help?”
Scan the sign on Hugo Strange's old psychiatry practice, 'Strange Minds', opposite the Monarch Theatre, to solve this riddle.
- Riddle 9: “I am an actor who can transform a film with the final cut. Who am I?”
Outside the Monarch Theatre there is a poster for Basil Karlo's film "The Terror". Scan this and the riddle will be solved.
- Riddle 10: “Six legs went in and only two came out. Where am I?”
Behind Monarch Theatre find and scan the signpost with "Crime Alley" written on it. The riddle of course refers to young Bruce Wayne and his parents' fateful trip tha that part of town.
- Riddle 11: “Acing this chemistry test will illuminate you.”
Scan the "Ace Chemicals" sign at the top of the Ace Chemicals building to solve the riddle.
- Riddle 12: “BANG! BANG! Order in the court.”
Inside Solomon Wayne Courthouse, scan Two-Face's twin pistols and the gavel on the judge's desk and the riddle will be solved.
- Riddle 13: “Who’s crazy enough to date this guy?”
To solve the riddle, go down into the basement of Solomon Wayne's Courthouse and scan Calendar Man's cell.
- Riddle 14: “If you find the name, does the Cash come hand in hand?”
Inside the Church/Medical Center, find the photograph of Aaron Cash and his family, scan it to solve the riddle.
- Riddle 1: “This question can only be answered from an unusual perspective. Can you get yourself there?”
To solve this riddle you need to align and scan a question mark on the back of a billboard whilst using Detective Mode. To reveal the dot, you need to open a door using a remote electric charge.
- Riddle 2: "Which acrobat family gambled with their lives, and has now been left to fly solo?"
Find and scan a poster of the Flying Graysons to solve the riddle. This poster can be found by scanning the wall on the left of the broken down bridge, where Vicky Vale was saved. Scan the wall to the left of the giant dice.
- Riddle 3: "Would an invitation to party like the gods be a bolt out of the blue?"
Scan the front of Maxie Zeus' establishment, called Gotham City Olympus, to solve the riddle.
- Riddle 4: "If you're afraid, don't be scared to crow about it."
On the highest level of the bridge over the docks the Industrial District and Joker's Funland, Scarecrow's mask can be found in a small pile of hay.
- Riddle 5: "This place has taken a TURN for the worse. Is it a little BEAR for your tastes?"
Scan Krank Co. Toys, the building that Bane is using as his hideout, to solve the riddle. (Note: You must be outside of the toy store to do this, not inside, and you must scan the bear on the roof to properly solve the riddle.)
- Riddle 6: "Always a shining example of Justice? Not if you ask me."
Scan the Bat-Signal on the roof of the GCPD Building to solve the riddle.
- Riddle 7: “If she is the ROOT of evil, how could anyone be expected to CONTAIN her?”
To solve this riddle, find the building over grown with plants - Poison Ivy's apartment. Look towards the base of the building and scan the biohazard container in the water there. (To get close enough, you may have to use the Freeze Blast to create a temporary raft.)
- Riddle 8: "Look out! Can you see where the madness began?"
Look out toward the ocean. You'll see Arkham Island. Scan it island to solve the riddle.
- Riddle 9: "Park in his spot and you may just get a ticket."
Find the car park beneath the GCPD Building and scan the parking spot labelled James Gordon to solve the riddle. The car park can only be reached once the line launcher is unlocked.
- Riddle 1: "Which notorious family keeps talking trash?"
To solve the riddle, scan the sign for Falcone Shipping on the side of the boat in North Gotham Dock.
- Riddle 2: “Can you find this cool couple before the romance thaws?”
After telling Mr. Freeze where Nora is, return to Storage Warehouse 5B and scan Mr. Freeze and his wife to solve the riddle.
- Riddle 3: "This riddle can only be answered from an unusual perspective. Can you get yourself there?"
Align both parts of the question mark, the dot is on a tower and quite a distance from the top of the question mark which is on one of the walls surrounding Wonder Tower. Scan it where it is complete, this will solve the riddle.
- Riddle 4: "Breaking news! Get out while you still can."
Find and scan the newspaper stand to solve the riddle. It is near the crane closest to the Arkham City perimeter wall.
- Riddle 5: “If you’re planning on making a mark in Arkham City, you’ll need a special kind of realtor.”
Once inside Zsasz's Hideout, look on his desk in the center of the room and scan the business cards for the Broker. This will solve the riddle.
- Riddle 6: “Was this parasite ratted out, or does he continue to plague Gotham?”
Find the advertisement for "Otis Flannegan Pest Control" and scan it to solve the riddle. It is opposite the large metal gate just before the Steel Mill.
- Riddle 7: "Air, sea or land. It would be criminal not to use these guys, wouldn't it?"
Scan the sign for Falcone Warehousing and Storage to solve the riddle.
- Riddle 8: “Does Zsasz still pose a threat? This guy called to find out.”
There is an inmate positioned as though leaning against a pay phone, he has been murdered by Zsasz. Scan the inmate to solve the riddle.
- Riddle 9: “Did you hear the HOLE story of how Black Mask escaped?”
At the most Southern point of the map, at the back of Joker's Steel Mill, a giant hole has been blasted in the wall and then sealed off. Nearby are posters stating that Black Mask has been recaptured and on the wall next to the sealed hole is graffiti of Black Mask's face. Scan this and the riddle will be solved.
- Riddle 1: "BOARD at drive-time? I'm not going to broadcast any more clues!"
Scan a sign that is advertising The Vicky Vale Show to solve the riddle.
- Riddle 2: "This question can only be answered from an unusual perspective. Can you get yourself there?"
Use the reflection of a reversed question mark part and make it join up with its respective dot. Scan the end result to solve the riddle.
- Riddle 3: "Coming back from the dead is cheating in any day of the week."
Scan an advertisement for Solomon Grundy's ability to 'cheat death' to solve the riddle.
- Riddle 4: “It’s vacation time. Where shall I go? Somewhere venomous?”
Scan a picture advertising Santa Prisca, Bane's native country and the birthplace of the drug Venom, to solve the riddle.
- Riddle 5: "This Killer was collared, but is he now on the loose?"
Explosive Gel can be used to break into Killer Croc's bedroom, as an Easter Egg. Scan his shock collar from Arkham Asylum to solve the riddle.
- Riddle 1: "You don't have to be crazy to shop here, do you?"
Scan the sign for the Jezebel Center to solve the riddle.
- Riddle 2: "Arkham City is not the place to be rich or famous. Bruce Wayne has never felt quite so wanted."
On the wall of Cyrus Pinkney's Institute for Natural History there are numerous wanted posters of Bruce Wayne. Scan them to solve the riddle.
- Riddle 3: "Cowboy, trilby or bowler? Hats off to anyone brave to try one on."
Opposite Cyrus Pinkney's Institute for Natural History there is a hat shop. Scan the sign to solve the riddle.
- Riddle 4: "The feuding families always sit down to a good meal. Will there be a massacre?"
Scan the sign above Sal Maroni's Italian Restaurant to solve the riddle.
- Riddle 5: "You're a dummy if you don't try and buy one."
Scan the Magic and Props shop sign to solve the riddle.
- Riddle 6: "Do you need to look SHARP to campaign for change?"
Find and scan the billboard advertising Quincy Sharp's mayoral campaign for Gotham City to solve the riddle. After you rescue the Mayor from thugs just inside the entrance to Arkham City you bring him to the spot right in front of it.
- Riddle 7: "Studies have shown that if you're not on your best behavior, you'll come out crazy. How Strange?"
To solve this riddle, scan the TYGER Inmate Behavioural Analysis Unit door.
- Riddle 8: "Was the writing on the wall from the moment you entered?"
On the balcony above Arkham City's entrance there is a plaque dedicated to the opening of Arkham City with Quincy Sharp's name on it. Scan the plaque to solve the riddle.
- Riddle 9: "This question can only be answered from an unusual perspective. Can you get yourself there?"
Use the Cryptographic Sequencer in the Processing Center to get into a room where you can align the question mark that is partially on the window in Detective Mode. Scanning the question mark will solve the riddle.
- Riddle 10: "You don't want to be caught off-guard in this place, do you?"
Scan the deceased TYGER guard that is strapped upright in the Processing Center to solve the riddle.
- Riddle 11: "My intellect towers over yours, Batman. I wonder if you'll ever solve this riddle?"
Simply scan Wonder Tower to solve the riddle.
- Riddle 1: “What can BOYLE and Freeze at the same time?”
Find the poster in the Steel Mill for Boyle Cryogenics and scan it to solve this riddle.
- Riddle 2: “This question can only be answered from an unusual perspective. Can you get yourself there?”
Use Detective Mode to find the question mark and align it. Scan it to solve the riddle.
- Riddle 3: “Do you really need to hammer it home? Everyone knows Harley is stupid.”
To solve the riddle, find and scan Harley's hammer which is propped up against a wall near a Harley Head.
- Riddle 4: “Surely someone was clowning around when they qualified this person?”
Dr. Harleen Quinzel's doctorate is on display in the office room opposite the one in which Joker's thugs were torturing the doctor. Scan it to solve the riddle.
- Riddle 5: “Once assembled, do these two become one again?”
In the Steel Mill the Abramovici Twins have reconciled and are talking to each other. Scan the brothers and the riddle will be solved.
- Riddle 6: “The more things change the more they stay the same. What dummy said that?”
In Harley Quinn's office, her outfit from Batman: Arkham Asylum is on display. Scan it to answer the riddle.
- Riddle 7: “What’s a funnyman without his box of tricks?”
In the basement of the Steel Mill there is a box of items that the Joker used throughout his career in the Comics. These include an acid-squirting flower, a gun that shoots a flag saying 'Bang!', and a fish.. Scan this to solve the riddle.
- Riddle 1: "Who's in control here? The puppet or the puppeteer?"
Scarface, the Ventriloquist's dummy, is on display in the first display room. Scan him to solve the riddle.
- Riddle 2: "Was he framed? Or does it just run in the family?"
Scan the Cobblepot family portrait just before the entrance to the Gladiator Pit to solve the riddle.
- Riddle 3: "Have Joker's pats laughed themselves to death or just eaten too much?"
Bud and Lou, the Joker's two pet hyenas, were shot by the Penguin and stuffed. They are on display in the Penguin's War Room in the Museum. Scan them to solve the riddle.
- Riddle 4: "Brothers in arms, Brothers at war. Who is right? Who's... Left?"
Behind the display case that Penguin was keeping Mr. Freeze in, there is a poster advertising the circus act Hammer and Sickle. Scan it to solve the riddle.
- Riddle 5: "This question can only be answered from an unusual perspective. Can you get yourself there?"
Use the Freeze Blast to create an ice platform on the water. Then grapple toward land until you align both parts of the question mark. Scan that question mark to solve the riddle.
- Riddle 6: "How do you protect yourself when it's raining bullets?"
In the Iceberg Lounge, scan Officer Strickland, who is holding one of the Penguin's umbrellas, to solve the riddle.
- Riddle 7: "Can anyone TOP the Penguin when it comes to the full VIP treatment?"
Scan the top hat-wearing mannequin that is on display in the Iceberg Lounge to solve the riddle.
- Riddle 8: "See no evil, hear no evil, speak no evil, or there will be explosive consequences."
Three skeletons posed like the Three Wise Monkeys are on display on the bottom floor of the Penguin's Armoury. Scan them to solve the riddle.
- Riddle 1: "Crime is a global issue, Batman. You'll never stop it."
Scan the globe in the middle of Wonder Tower Foundations to solve the riddle.
- Riddle 2: "Read all about it! Is this a sign of the Times?"
Scan the Gotham City Times sandwich board in Wonder Avenue to solve the riddle.
- Riddle 3: "Wanted: Dead...and alive?!"
Find the wanted poster of Solomon Grundy at the end of the road running just outside the Chamber of the Demon and scan it to solve the riddle.
- Riddle 4: "Do these demonic twins pose a threat?"
Scan the two statues of Ra's al Ghul in the Chamber of the Demon to solve the riddle. To do this right, you must scan both statues at the same time.
- Riddle 5: “Where can you get a wonderful view of the past?
At the Observation Deck in Wonder Tower there will be an old drawing of Gotham City. Scan this and the riddle will be solved.
- Riddle 6: "This question can only be answered from an unusual perspective. Can you get yourself there?"
Whilst climbing Wonder Tower, glide off into the distance until Batman turns himself around. As soon as he does this, turn on Detective Mode and scan the question mark that you see. This will solve the riddle.
- Trophy 1
East of ACE Chemicals is a gargoyle sprayed with Riddler question marks. Climb onto here then drop down to the concealed area below for the trophy.
- Trophy 2
East of Trophy 1 on the roof near a wall with five Riddler question marks on the wall. Use the Batarang to destroy the right-hand Riddler mark by waiting until the light is on.
- Trophy 3
On the building north of ACE Chemicals, behind a ventilation system. Use the remote controlled Batarang to destroy the Riddler mark.
- Trophy 4
On the roof of the building with Park Row written over it on the map. The timed panel is a few steps to the west.
- Trophy 5
On top of the most northwestern building near Solomon Wayne Courthouse. Use detective vision to locate all four Riddler marks. You have 4 seconds to destroy all four marks, so use the explosive gel on the 3 hidden marks, then use the Batarang on the final Riddler mark closest to the trophy’s locked cage.
- Trophy 6
There are three pressure pads in the area. Starting from the northern rooftop overlooking the Riddler trophy, glide on to the southern wall and pressure pad. Immediately after pressing the pad, glide over to the wall on the opposite side then finally onto the pad on the ground closest to the Riddler trophy.
- Trophy 7
A pressure pad on the highest rooftop east of Solomon Wayne Courthouse opens a gate below. Activate it then glide down into the area, then use explosive gel to destroy the wooden panel beneath.
- Trophy 8
Slightly southeast of Trophy 7. On top of the roof with a nearby Riddler mark on a chimney. Use the Batarang to activate it.
- Trophy 1
Behind a weak wall on the building with the rooftop courtyard. Simply punch through it to destroy the wall.
- Trophy 2
In a narrow alleyway between the church and the Amusement Mile text on the map. There are six Riddler marks in two sets of three. Plant explosive gel on each of the marks on the bottom row, then grapple above the top row so each button is targetable. Activate the explosive gel then quickly press L2/LT and X/A to quickly throw batarangs and hit each of the three marks. If timed properly, the riddler cage below will open up.
- Trophy 3
Starting from the top of the first building near the destroyed overpass, glide from the pressure pad down to the pad below. From there, look right and glide down to the third and final pad in the alleyway nearby. The Riddler cage is on a rooftop near the second pad.
- Trophy 4
Beneath Trophy 3 is a chain fence. Drop down on to the nearby rooftop and use Freeze Grenades to create a platform at the end of the water. Land on there then activate electromagnet with the REC.
- Trophy 5
On the roofs of the large building with a rooftop garden is a short chain cage. The Riddler trophy switches between positions, so time your slide underneath the cage to collect it as you slide past.
- Physical Challenge #1: Glide continuously for over 150 meters (without using the Grapnel Boost upgrade)
- Physical Challenge #2: Glide continuously for over 250 meters (Grapnel Boost upgrade permitted)
- Physical Challenge #3: Perform a vertical dive for over 50 meters
- Physical Challenge #4: Perform five consecutive line launches without touching the ground
- Physical Challenge #5: Glide for 30 meters while maintaining a height of less than 5 meters above the water
- Physical Challenge #6: Achieve a x20 combat combo
- Physical Challenge #7: Use 3 Quickfire gadgets in one combat encounter
- Physical Challenge #8: Achieve a x5 variation bonus in one combat encounter
- Physical Challenge #9: Aerial Attack off a stunned enemy into another (3 required)
- Physical Challenge #10: Use the Slide to trip an enemy (3 required)
- Physical Challenge #11: Perform a Beat Down to finish an enemy (5 required)
- Physical Challenge #12: Counter an enemy projectile (3 required)
- Physical Challenge #13: Hit an explosive object with a Batarang before it is thrown
- Physical Challenge #14: Take out 2 enemies at once with the Glide Boost Attack
- Physical Challenge #15: Use a Combo Batarang in combat (10 required)
- Physical Challenge #16: Perform a Batclaw Slam (5 required)
- Physical Challenge #17: Use the Quickfire Remote Electrical Charge during a combo (5 Required)
- Physical Challenge #18: Use the Quickfire Explosive Gel during a combo (5 required)
- Physical Challenge #19: Use the Quickfire Freeze Blast during a combo (5 required)
- Physical Challenge #20: Use the Smoke Pellet to disorientate enemies into attacking each other
- Physical Challenge #21: Finish a fight with a Combo Batarang (3 required)
- Physical Challenge #22: Use the Remote Electrical Charge to get an armed enemy to fire his weapon and surprise at least one other nearby enemy
- Physical Challenge #23: Use the Remote Electrical Charge to force an enemy to hit another enemy (3 required)
- Physical Challenge #24: Use the Remote Electrical Charge to blast one armored thug into any other thug
- Physical Challenge #25: Use the Freeze Cluster Grenade to immobilize three or more henchmen at one time (Upgrade required)
- Physical Challenge #26: Use the Freeze Blast to freeze an enemy then a Batarang to knock them down
- Physical Challenge #27: Perform a Grapnel Boost Takedown
- Physical Challenge #28: Use the Reverse Batarang to knock down an enemy
- Physical Challenge #29: Kick an enemy while riding on the Line Launcher (3 required)
- Physical Challenge #30: While riding on the Line Launcher towards an unaware enemy, use the Takedown attack to drop down and knock them out
- Physical Challenge #31: Catch a Remote Batarang
- Physical Challenge #32: Fly a fully boosted Remote Batarang into a thug and send him flying through the air
- Physical Challenge #33: Use the Freeze Blast to freeze an armed enemy before taking him out
- Physical Challenge #34: Use the Smoke Pellet to disorientate an armed enemy and follow up with a Takedown
- Physical Challenge #35: Disarm an enemy using the Batclaw disarm (3 required)
- Physical Challenge #36: Use the Disruptor to jam the gun of an armed enemy and then get him to try and fire
- Physical Challenge #37: Use the Remote Electrical Charge to temporarily disable a backpack Jammer device
- Physical Challenge #38: Take down an enemy using the Sonic Batarang
- Physical Challenge #39: Perform an Inverted Takedown from a Vantage Point
- Physical Challenge #40: Perform a Knockout Smash (5 required)
- Physical Challenge #1: Use Caltrops to stun an enemy (3 required)
- Physical Challenge #2: Perform a Special Combo Whiplash and Special Combo Whip Trip in one combo flow
- Physical Challenge #3: Complete one Claw Climb using at least 8 separate leaps without missing the timing for a single jump
- Physical Challenge #4: Perform a Pounce attack (3 required)
- Physical Challenge #5: Use the Quickfire Whip attack during combat (3 required)
Arkham Knight ChallengesEdit