|Real name:||Sandra Woosan|
|First Appearance:|| Batman: Arkham Origins|
(Richard Dragon, Kung Fu Fighter #5)
|Created by:|| Dennis O'Neil|
|Affiliations:|| The Joker|
Ra's al Ghul
League of Assassins
|Abilities:|| Martial arts Grandmaster|
Unmatched skill in hand-to-hand combat
|Portrayed by:||Kelly Hu|
- "What do you know of justice? Behind bars or beyond them, these people never change. As long as they live, Gotham is stained."
Shiva is a highly trained and extremely dangerous assassin whose skills are known to be unmatched. She selects many of her targets simply to test her skills, but there were no known survivors. One of the eight assassins hired by The Joker, disguised as Black Mask, to kill Batman, Shiva exploits the opportunity to implement several operations throughout Gotham that would serve as seeds for massive plans instrumental in an insidious conspiracy to wipe Gotham clean of corruption, crime, pollution, and most of its population in the years to come.
Under the orders of Ra's al Ghul, the mastermind and leader of the secret and worldwide organization, the League of Assassins, Shiva is put in command of a squadron of his trained soldiers, and uses them to murder corrupt cops and countless criminals in order to lure Batman into a series of tests to see if he would be a worthy addition to the organization, perhaps even serve as Ra's right hand man and eventual successor. Manipulating political activist, Quincy Sharp, into reopening Arkham Asylum, using the Joker's destructive schemes for chaos and anarchy as incentive to do so, Shiva helps to instigate a chain of events that would aid Ra's in assuming complete control of Gotham and, eventually, the world and wipe out countless innocent individuals in their goal of "cleansing" the world.
Batman: Arkham OriginsEdit
In the Bowery, Batman encounters an abandoned baby carriage with a recording of a baby crying inside. This was used by Shiva to get Batman's attention. After defending himself from one of her attacks, Shiva tells Batman that an "innocent" police man in the Burnley District is about to die if he doesn't help him. While helping the man, Batman had to face numerous ninjas, sent by Shiva as part of her "test". He saved the man, and he said that the ninjas captured him and another police man. Batman tracked him down, but discovers Shiva already killed him for his corruption. She encounters him again at Wonder Tower, alongside numerous ninjas and martial artists, as the final part of her test. Batman defeats her and her ninjas, leading Shiva to believe that Batman was as good as her master has said. Batman tries to arrest her, but she disappears, leaving Batman worried that he has not seen the last of her.
Shiva later appeared in the "Initiation" DLC as a star pupil of Kirigi.
- Highly skilled martial artist
Real Name: Sandra Wu-San
Interpol: Numerous high-profile cold case assassinations of the last 3 years have been added to this file. See attached.
All cold cases in this category have a common factor - extremely limited available forensic evidence. In each case a single point of physical contact was made with the victim. In each case this single contact resulted in the immediate death of the victim.
Police work on all major continents has returned little. One line of investigation through the Hong Kong Police Force has returned two pieces of data - an allegation of the name "Shiva" and a single photograph that allegedly depicts this individual. The informant that provided this information has since gone missing. Non-verified image is included for complements. See attached.
- Bane: Answer my question. Why are you here?
- Shiva: The same as you, of course. Money, glory.
- Bane: Don't play games with me.
- Shiva: But you can play the cunning brute? I know of your reliance on Venom. And your desire to eliminate it.
- Bane: How do you - ?
- Shiva: When you've lived as long as the Master has, you can gather a great deal of knowledge.
- Bane: You're working for him? What is he planning?
- Shiva: You know better than question his motives.
- Shiva: I am simply saying that my master shares your hatred of criminals.
- Quincy Sharp: Listen, I'm not sure who you are, or what you want, but I don't appreciate you meddling in my business.
- Shiva: We are hardly meddling. My master is simply offering you assistance. An opportunity you yourself say you desire.
- Quincy Sharp: What makes him so sure he can do it?
- Shiva: Well, it certainly will not happen over night. There are... steps we must take.
- Quincy Sharp: Strings. I knew it.
- Shiva: You say you want to be mayor, that you want to purge this city of criminals. Then taking this position is hardly a string.
- Quincy Sharp: So what did you say this facility was called?
- Shiva: Arkham Asylum.
Game Over LinesEdit
- "You fought well. And so I grant you the favor of a quick death."
- "I take no pleasure in your death, but I see no other way."
- Before disappearing, Shiva references that Batman was as good as her master has described. Various statments made in her extortion data during a conversation between her and Bane seem to strongly imply that her master is Ra's al Ghul, hinting her involvement in the League of Assassins, a secret and brutal organization that Ra's has controlled for centuries.
- The "Lady" prefix in her name is never said in this game.
- In Shiva's profile at the beginning of this game, her known associates are David Cain, Richard Dragon and Nyssa Raatko.