Simon Dark is an undead Gotham Vigilante.
Simon Dark is a mysterious new vigilante operating out of Gotham City. He seems to have been created from a number of dead bodies and, as such, has no memory of his past. He exhibits some super-human abilities such as enhanced speed and agility, as well as extraordinary strength. He also states that he remembers everything he reads, which implies he may have a photographic memory. Dark claims he doesn't know where he came from, nor how he came to inhabit Gotham City, but remembers he was smaller than and has grown since; however, his "straps have not". Forensics performed on him have said he must be around eighteen years old. He seems to be the interest of some kind of secret order, who also appear to have similar "straps" to his.
Powers and AbilitiesEdit
- Superhuman Strength: Simon Dark's strength level appears to be substantially greater than that of a normal human being.
- Regeneration: Simon Dark has proven to be amazingly resilient. Having suffered from multiple gunshot wounds, Simon soon recovered with little damage to his body.
- Hand-to-Hand Combat (Advanced): Simon Dark is capable of fighting up against multiple opponents in unarmed combat.
- Garrote Wire
- Simon Dark was created as an intended modern retelling of the story of Frankenstein's Monster.
- Simon Dark is the heroic counterpart to Solomon Grundy.
- Similar to Grundy, Simon Dark is named after a children's nursery rhyme popular in Gotham City. The rhyme, or at least the currently known portion of it, goes as follows:
If you're good he'll stay away. If you're bad he'll make you pay.
Lurks in Shadows. Hides in the dark.Simon. Simon. Simon Dark."