|"Call of the Cobblepot"|
|Directed by:||Brandon Vietti|
|Written by:||Steven Melching|
|Original Airdate:||September 18, 2004|
|Next Episode:||"The Man Who Would Be Bat"|
"Call of the Cobblepot" is the third episode of the first series of The Batman.
After a strange series of crimes involving birds stealing diamonds and jewels, Batman decides to find out who's behind this. It turns out that the crook is the rude and selfish Oswald Cobblepot, aka Penguin, who attends Bruce Wayne's party. Alfred tries to catch Penguin for his misbehavior at the party (eating all of the food, stealing a tray, harassing a young woman, and burning money), but unfortunately, Penguin catches Alfred and tries to feed him to the birds. Batman must find Penguin's mansion and save Alfred, as well as defeat Penguin and return all the jewels and gems he's stolen.
Voice Cast and CharactersEdit
- Rino Romano as Bruce Wayne/Batman
- Tom Kenny as Oswald Cobblepot/The Penguin
- Alastair Duncan as Alfred Pennyworth
- Steve Harris as Detective Ethan Bennett
- Ming-Na as Detective Ellen Yin
- Grey DeLisle as Amanda and Ms. Vintrup
- Kabuki Twins
- This episode aired ahead of "Traction" despite it being the second episode of the series.
- Penguin says he's eating anchovy pizza, but it's pepperoni.
- When Batman goes into the mansion, his chest plate's colours are backwards.
- This episode hints to Penguin living by himself, since his parents’ faces are torn out of the family portrait and Cobblepot Manor looks very beat-up, despite the fact that he has maids in “The Cobblepot Caper”.
|Previous episode:||Next episode:|
|"Traction"||"The Man Who Would Be Bat"|