- "Not you! Shreck!"
- ―The Organ Grinder to Mayor Jenkins.[src]
The Organ Grinder was the Penguin's right-hand man and enforcer. He was known for his hand-cranked street organ which contained a hidden mini-gatling gun. He also had a trained pet monkey which carried out various criminal activities for him. He was first seen in the assault in Gotham City, destroying a large Christmas Tree with his gatling gun organ and generally wreaking havoc on bystanders. He and the Red Triangle Gang then captured Max Shreck in order to force Shreck into a political alliance with the Penguin.
Later, the Organ Grinder drove the Red Triangle Circus Train so that the first-born children of Gotham could be kidnapped. He saw Batman's shadow before the Dark Knight himself appeared and tried to force the Red Triangle Gang to hurry up, but he was dragged and presumably interrogated by Batman on the Penguin's whereabouts. Presumably, the Organ Grinder told him everything.
In Other MediaEdit
- The Organ Grinder was the sixth boss in the Super Nintendo video game adaptation of Batman Returns. His monkey was also seen in the game, but was only a spectator.
- The Organ Grinder was also the boss of stage 4-3 of NES game, Batman Returns.
- Vincent Schiavelli, the actor who played the Organ Grinder, also starred in an episode of Batman: The Animated Series as Zatara.
- Vincent Schiavelli played Dr. Kaufman in the James Bond film, Tomorrow Never Dies. He played a Bond villain, just like Christopher Walken in A View to a Kill.