Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|Real name:||Edward Nigma (possibly)|
|Portrayed by:||John Astin|
|Appearances:||Batman (1960s series)|
- "You've made the mistake of being predictable yourselves, with your legendary window entrances. Riddle me this: when is a floor like a puzzle?"
- ―The Riddler[src]
The Riddler attempted to destroy Batman and Robin, stole money for a special weapon called the De-Molecularizer and made demands for a statue in his image.
But one riddle too many lead the Dynamic Duo to his puzzle factory hideout where he was defeated and sent to prison.
He also carried a question mark shaped cane, prior to his original comic book character.
Weapons and EquipmentEdit
- De-Molecularizer - This device was purchased from Professor Charm for three million dollars. It works by disrupting the molecular structures of matter, making any object dissipate into thin air.
Just as Batman and Robin do not go at crime-fighting alone, The Riddler needs fellow partners in crime to assist him with his malicious schemes:
- Anna Gram (portrayed by Deanna Lund): Riddler's trusty female assistant.
- Across and Down (portrayed by Jim Lefebvre and Ken Scott): Simple henchmen.
- Professor Avery Evans Charm (portrayed by Martin Kosleck): A brilliant inventor, he is haunted by the fact that he never completed high school. He sold Riddler his demolecularizer, hoping to see the Gotham City Science Institute pay for not letting him in. He had planned to complete a molecular restorer using the money Riddler paid him. In the end, the professor returned all the stolen charity money to the police because the thought of all the hungry children weighed on his conscience.
- John Astin is best known for playing Gomez Addams in The Addams Family. He was the third cast member to appear on Batman. The first one was Ted Cassidy reprising his role as Lurch in a Batclimb cameo and the second was Carolyn Jones who played Morticia Addams and later guest starred as Marsha, Queen of Diamonds.