The Dark Knight: Mayhem is a upcoming (but confirmed) action superhero drama fan-film to the DC Comics superhero Batman . The film is mostly based on the video game Batman: Arkham Asylum (plus Batman: Arkham City and it serves as a bridge between it and the 2008 Batman film The Dark Knight (film) , including the upcoming third and final installment of Christopher Nolan's directed- series of the franchise The Dark Knight Rises .
It is in pre-development as of January 2011 and the fan-film's release will be set sometime in the near future-TBA.
It is believed that the film will mainly follow the Batman: Arkham Asylum video game, along with original fan-created plotlines that were never featured in The Dark Knight.
- Batman/Bruce Wayne- Christian Bale
- Alfred Pennyworth- Michael Caine (archive footages)
- Lucius Fox- Morgan Freeman (archive footages)
- Commissioner Gordon- Gary Oldman (archive footages)
- Scarecrow/Dr. Johnathan Crane- Cillian Murphy
- Ra's Al Gaul/Ducard- Liam Neeson (flashback scenes, using footages from Batman Begins )
- Two-Face/Harvey Dent- Arron Eckhart (flashback scenes only)
- The Joker- Heath Ledger (flashback scenes only, though despite the actor's death in January 2008, his scenes from The Dark Knight will be used as archive footages)/Paul Bettany
New Villain Entries
- The Riddler/Edward Nigma - Joseph Gordon-Levitt
- Bane - Kane (aka. Glenn Thomas Jacobs) , professional wrestler for the WWE.
- Catwoman/Selina Kyle - Jennifer Bini-Taylor
- Killer Croc - Lou Ferrigno (voice and vocals)
- Harley Quinn -
- The Penquin-
- Mr. Freeze-
- Poison Ivy-
- It will be the first Batman film (fan-made wise) to be produced by Marsh Bros. Productions, Inc. though Warner Bros. is mainly the distribution holder of all DC characters (INCLUDING Batman).
- The first Batman fan-film to be Anthony Marsh, Jr's first, although he is a long-time fan of the character since a very young youth.
- This is Marsh's first WB-distributed feature.
- It is set between The Dark Knight (film) , Batman: Arhkam Asylum (video game) and the upcoming 2012 The Dark Knight Rises .
- Prior to the death of Heath Ledger, Paul Bettany, who was one of the soon-to-be chosen actors to play the Joker, is set to play the character in the film anyway.